Checkers- Dwayne

Dwayne Robertson was always a gentleman. He did his best to be polite and kind to everyone. Except when it came to checkers. The boy was a menace when it came to checkers. All his manners went out the window screaming. He was okay with every other board game, but he made checkers so competitive. No one on the team could beat him. Or so he thought. His reign of terror came to end when Y/n Y/l/n challenged him to a friendly game. She easily beat him.
   "You cheated! I wanna play another game," Dwayne demanded.
     "Okay," Y/n replied smiling.
    They played checkers for hours. They only took breaks to go to the bathroom and eat. Y/n beat Dwayne every single time. He kept getting more and more frustrated with each game. Finally it was time for practice, and they decided to call it quits.
   "How in the world do you keep winning," Dwayne asked as they started warmups.
    "I'm just a master at checkers," Y/n replied.
    "Tell me how you've beaten me. I think I deserve to know."
    "Nope, I'm not telling you all my secrets and tricks. You'll just have to wander for the rest of your life," Y/n replied. Dwayne huffed and skated away while Y/n laughed.
    Dwayne Robertson only ever beat Y/n Y/l/n one time at checkers. That night was the night he asked her to marry him.