Epilogue

Epilogue: Till Death Do Us Part

One Year Later

I rub my sweaty palms together. I was beyond nervous. Today is my wedding day. In a few minutes I will be walking down the aisle to Damien.

Shantel is currently fixing my veil. "How are you feeling?". Shantel asks me. "Today is the day you've been preparing for".

"I'm excited, I mean I'm already with him, this is just forever sealing the deal". I tell her.

"Well he seems like a great guy". Carrie, my bridesmaid replies. She's a nurse in training that I got really close to at work. Amelia too, she's my other bridesmaid.

Amelia fixes the heels on my feet and then drops my dress over it nicely. "You sure you don't want to wear anything around your neck?".

"No". I tell her. "My mom didn't, and this was her dress".

"It's beautiful". She replies.

              A knock at the door makes Shantel rush to go get it. She opens it and nods to the person on the opposite side. She closes the door and walks back over to me.

"It's time".

"Already?". I breathe out slowly. "Okay I'm ready".

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of family and friends to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony, which is commended of St. Paul to be an honorable estate, instituted of God and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or carelessly, but reverently, joyfully and in the love of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined". The Mister spoke.

I look up at Damien and smile. We were finally do this. Through everything we went through, I am finally going to become Mrs. Summer King. I love this man, In love is an understatement. And today is the day we join hands together, forever.

"Who gives this bride to this Groom in marriage?". The mister continues.

"I do". My father says to the Mister, I was happy that we repaired our relationship.

He then takes my right hand and places it in Damien's left hand, and retires to his place sitting in the front seat of the church. I could tell how emotional he was getting, my little sister Aubrey comforts him, as his Wife Angelica smiles at me in awe.

"Jesus Christ Reminds us, that at the beginning the Creator made us male and female , and said, For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. God loved us, and created us to love others. Our lives find completion only as we love and are loved in return. Together, we can become what we could never be separately. Marriage is of God". The Minister preaches.

          I slightly squeeze Damien's hand. I wasn't nervous as I was before. Especially since I know this is the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. For years I didn't date or give myself away to anyone else because I wanted him and only him. It took me awhile to finally get me to this point and I'm happy it did.

The Minister says. "Let us Pray. O' Almighty God you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of Yourself. Bless now these two who stand before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they journey through this life together they will walk as bearers of your Truth. Amen.".