Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: And it's a .....

2 weeks after the funeral for Billy

            I walk into Damien's house and was immediately in shock by the smell. He must of not been cleaning in days if his entire house smelled like this. Walking to the living room I see him with a blunt in his hand.

"Hey". I say to him, I didn't want to go too close in case the smoke affected the baby in some way.

Usually when he saw me. He would of stopped smoking. But he's so zoned out and has been so unfocused since Billy's funeral. He refuses to talk to me or his mom and I'm scared.

"What's up?". His eyes shot towards me. He looks as if he hasn't slept in days. "I thought you wasn't going to be here until Sunday".

"It is Sunday". I say to him. "I'm really feeling for you, everyone is, but you can't keep doing this to yourself, Billy wouldn't have wanted this".

He turns to me with his eyes filled with anger. "And how the fuck would you know what Billy wanted Summer!?".

I was shocked. Damien has never cussed at me in any shape or form, no matter how angry I made him. I know he's hurting but what he isn't going to do is take that frustration out on me, and with me being five months pregnant at that.

"I know you not talking to me like that Damien". I walk away and head to the kitchen, grabbing a trash bag, I begin to dump all the empty cups and beer bottles from off the kitchen counter.

I'm trying to be as supportive as I can. I can't keep treating this grown man like a baby. I'm trying to be the best baby mother and friend that I can be towards him. Not only for the sake of my child but for his mental health as well.

But am I going to keep suffering because of him? Hell no. Being there for someone and staying when things are getting toxic is completely different. Losing someone is hard and everyone handles stress and lost in different ways. But taking out your anger and frustration on someone who is trying to help you, is not the way to go.

"Leave that shit alone and come here". Damien says to me sternly.

I take up another broken bottle. "You need to leave me alone, I'm not bothering you".

"You touching shit in my house, that is bothering me".

             I let out a deep breath. He was really starting to irritate me because I am not doing anything to this man but helping him. And I don't appreciate the fact that he keeps talking to me like I'm a no body.

I turn to him. "Let me help you".

"Does it look like I need help?, I just told you to put it down". He slaps the trash bag out of my hand and it lands in the corner of the kitchen.

"That's it, I'm leaving, whatever it is you're going through, I hope you get through it".

"So you just going to leave like the rest of them huh?". He angrily says to me.

I walk pass him. Walking towards the front door. I tried dealing with the ignorance and petty ways for an entire two weeks. He pushed his mom away, his friends, and now me. I hope he gets the help he needs because I will not put my child in danger because of no man, whether he is the father or not.

"Summer you better not touch that door!". He screams at me.

I feel him grab onto my wrist. I look back at him as though he had really lost his mind. Yanking my wrist away from him I open the door and turn to face him.