Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four: I Can't Stop Loving You....

6 months later

"Na'sir put your toys away baby boy". He begins to pick his toys up and puts them into his toy chest in the living room of our new house.

                We moved to a new house once Na'sir came out of the coma 4 months ago. We both wanted a fresh start for our family and even though we're still living in Atlanta, I've decided that it's still our home.

              Yesterday we celebrated Na'sir's second birthday. I'm so grateful that he is out of the hospital. I didn't think we were going to celebrate with him at this beautiful park. He also started school, and because he's behind on his speech, he has been going to speech therapy to get him back on track.

              Damien completely quit the game and handed it down to his cousin RJ. He is currently going to college for his business degree, and started working with his uncle for a huge construction company. It's the best thing he could find that pays well, plus it's legal.

"Baby I'm going to work, I love you". Damien says kissing my cheek.

"I love you more, I'm making your favorite for dinner".

"Mmm, Curry chicken?, I can't wait to come home, maybe I can eat a little desert after". He teases kissing my neck.

"No, stop, this is why we have a two year old now". I laugh as I push him off me.

"Well I want to make more, I don't care".

"I want us to have a big family, but what happened really traumatized me".

He stares at me with worry. "Summer, I don't want to pressure you into having anymore kids, especially not so soon".

"And I know that". I begin to pack my bag for lunch. "But I can't help but think it was my fault, I wasn't a good mother , I couldn't protect my child".

"I don't ever want you to say that". He sternly says to me. "You are an amazing mother, this is life and sometimes shit happens that is not in our control but you can't just blame yourself for everything".

"How did he find us?". I question him. "You said only you and your family knew about the Cabin".

"John was close with my dad, I'm pretty sure he found out that way". He replies to me. "But don't worry, everything will be okay again soon and I want you to know that you can be safe with me".

          Nas walks into the kitchen and reaches for his dad to pick him up. Damien picks him up and kisses him on the cheek. I smile at the sight of them. Even though he had my dimples, they were basically twins.

"Mommy I love the park". He beams excitedly.

"I know you do and that's why we are going there today to meet with your aunt and cousin".

"How's Shantel doing?". Damien asks.

"Honestly, we have been putting each other off since the whole incident, I didn't want to bother her with my problems when she's going through it with Andrew".

"I'm pretty sure she wouldn't feel that way". He assures me.

"I hope not".

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

4 hours later

               I pat Heavenly's back as I put her to sleep. Shantel and I decided to take the kids to the park today so we can catch up and have a girls day. Na'sir is playing on the playground with his other little friends.