Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Another Lost

  The doctor let me know that I was fine after being checked out. But I knew I was fine. Other than the bruises I was just waiting on the ultrasound technician to let me know if my baby was okay. Ma was rushed into surgery, I called Damien right after and he said he was on his way to the hospital.

A woman walks into the room. She gives me a warm smile. "Hello Summer my name is Amberlee and I'm here to perform your ultrasound today".

"Okay thank you".

"Lift your shirt for me". I lift up my shirt and she squeezes the cold gel on my stomach. She fixes up the machine and immediately my baby pops up on the ultrasound.

"Okay so his heart beat is a little elevated but I'm assuming it was because of all the trauma"

"Okay so his heart beat is a little elevated but I'm assuming it was because of all the trauma". She smiles. "And he's saying hello mommy".

"He's going to be okay right?". I smile at him on the ultrasound with his little hand.

"Yes, everything else is fine, you have a very healthy and strong baby".

I sigh in relief. I was so worried. It felt like forever since I heard his heart beat. But then again, I was still in shock from all that had happen to me.

Ma is still in surgery. I haven't spoken to a doctor yet. They just immediately rushed her into surgery. I can't begin to think what Damien was going through mentally. His mom was all he had left , the only parent he has remaining. That makes my heart sink to think something would happen to her.

She was hit two times but she's a fighter. She's always been a fighter. I know she's going to pull through because of how strong of a woman she is.

I walk back into the waiting room to see Damien there with tears in his eyes . He looks up and sees me. Grabbing me into a tight hug and rubbing my bump.

"Everything okay with the baby?". He asks with concern.

"Yes, he's fine, I'm just waiting to hear if everything went well with your mom's surgery".

"I got some boys looking into the shooting, I'm gone find out who did this".

"Remember what Billy said, about a rat being in your circle, you sure you trust your guys right now?". I ask him.

"I have to, these my closest friends so I'm putting my trust in them and I hope they don't fail me".

" I trust they don't either".

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

Flashback: 2 Years Ago

"Damien , I change my mind, I don't want to do this". I say to him as we approach his moms house.