Chapter Sixteen

Chapter sixteen: Enough !

3 month later

I walk inside my house and lock the door behind me. Na'sir is fast asleep which was great because it was very hectic at his doctors appointment today. I'm just happy everything went well and he got his three month shots.

            I call Damien. His car wasn't in the driveway so I know he wasn't home. I've been trying to get to him all day. I wanted him to come to the appointment but he keeps sending me to voicemail and ignoring my text messages.

           I sigh In frustration because the call once again went to voicemail. It feels like I'm doing this parenting thing on my own sometimes. I call my mom but no answer, I check the time and she must be at her Chemotherapy appointment.

  My phone vibrates in my hand. I pick it up and answer.

"Hey, I'm just getting a chance to hit you back, I been busy all day, what's up?". Damien speaks on the other line.

"Well, you missed his three month appointment and his shots but I'm pretty sure whatever you were doing is more important than my son".

"Don't be like that Summer, and our son, I hate when you do that shit, I'm really trying".

"Are you really!?, because you haven't been home in two days, I been trying to get to you, no answer".

"I know, I'm going to make it up to you when I get home, I promise". He promises, yet again .

"You told me once the baby was born, you were done Damien".

"I can't just up and quit, I have loose ends to tie before I just step away Summer, I told you that".

        I hear my front door open but I ignore it. It's probably my mom coming home from her appointment. I begin to walk to my room because I didn't want her to hear yet another argument between Damien and I.

          I feel a bag being thrown over my head and my body being picked off the floor. I kick and fight whoever it was that was in front of me.

"Help!". I scream as my phone falls to the floor.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

"Where am I?". I scream into complete darkness. "Where is my baby!?". I scream even louder.

          I was scared. Matter a fact I was terrified. I didn't know who took me, what they wanted or where they put my baby. I started to cry. It was the type of cry that would send any mother into her motherly instincts mode.

   I use my fingers to feel behind me. For something sharp to cut my hands free. I need to get out of here. I needed to see where my baby was and if he was safe.

      Tears were beaming down my face. Left over stains from the old ones stained my cheeks. My wrists hurt from how tight they tied my hands together. But I didn't care, I try my hardest to break free of them. My feet were tied together too, which made it impossible for me to move the way I wanted to.

           I feel weak. I feel my body slowly breaking but I couldn't stop fighting. I needed to see my baby, his cry, anything. I am his mother and I couldn't keep him safe when he needed me the most. I just want to hold him in my arms and tell him how sorry I was for not keeping him safe.

      I hear locks being unlocked and the sound of a door opening. Was this someone coming to help me? To help my son ?, Or is it the cruel monsters that have us in this situation.