Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Confession Is Good For The Soul....

I walk towards my front door. It was seven in the morning and I was being awaken by loud knocks at my door. I yawn and give my tummy a light rub as I unlock the door. When I open it I saw that it was Damien.

He had flowers in his hand, a box of chocolate and a few bags with gifts from some of my favorite stores. As much as I wanted to smile and wrap him into a hug because I missed him. I also wanted to knock his head off his neck.

"What are you doing here?". I say to him with a attitude.

"I wanted to surprise you, can I come in?".

Everything in me said no, tell him to leave. But what came out of my mouth was. "Yeah sure". I step aside and let him in. Locking my door I walk over to where he took a seat on my couch and placed all the gifts he brought on my wooden coffee table.

"I know you're mad at me but I can explain, I got called out of town for some business dealing with some guys on the other side, it was a lot of stuff going on , one of my dealers got shot too but everything is good now". He explains to me. "My phone broke during the mix of all the bullshit, I literally just brought a new phone this morning, I'm really sorry Summer". He apologizes.

"Well now I feel like a dramatic ass for reacting the way I did, I know you wouldn't have left so long without a good reason, And I'm sorry for texting you all those death threats".

"What death threats?".

"Huh?". I act confuse.

"Mhm, bring your ass over here, daddy miss you". He smirks.

"See nope, I'm going to go get ready first because there's something important I have to talk to you about".

He gives me a nod. I felt my cheeks heating up and I don't know why. This man is starting to have a hold over me that I'm not sure I can control anymore. But it's time I was serious enough to tell him about the baby.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

On my way out of the room after getting ready I pick up the ultrasound picture from my last appointment with the doctor. I walk into the living room and take a seat next to him on the couch.

"Close your eyes". I say to him with a small smile on my face.

I was honestly scared to see his reaction. I know he wanted kids but he told me it was at a much later time in life. When he didn't have to be in the streets and he can be a real family man that his dad wasn't. I know he wants what's best, and I don't wrong him for wanting a better life for his future child.

I hold up the ultrasound picture and tap him. He opens his eyes and they widen from shock. He slowly takes the ultrasound picture and looks at it.