Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Making Sense Of It All

I get to my mom house using a Uber. I really need to get a car especially now that I am pregnant, I need a car to get around more. Plus they have a rule at the hospital that I work at that you can not leave the hospital with a newborn with no safe way of getting home.

      And that was the hospital I planned to have my baby at because I know the staff there. They are basically my second family. I know that they will take good care of me there after I have the baby.

Walking up to the front door I let out a sigh. I was going to be telling her that I was pregnant for Damien today.

        One, I know she is going to drill me on the fact that we are not together let alone married. Two, she is going to be mad at the fact that I waited this long to tell her. Three, she's going to beat my ass when I tell her that Damien doesn't know yet.

I use the spare key to unlock the door and step inside. She still hasn't told me that she wanted to move with me. I didn't want to keep bothering her about it either but maybe the baby would change her mind.

        I been house hunting for awhile now and I think a big family home would be something to look forward to, and it will be more space to raise my baby.

"Mom!". I walk into the kitchen to see her mixing batter. "What are you making?".

"I was baking some cookies, what brings you over?". She asks with a concern look. "I know that look anywhere".

My mom stood around 5'1. She was thick with waist length curly hair. She's a bit darker than my skin tone, which I get from my father. Other than that she's my exact twin. I took my dimples from her as well.

She's the person you can talk to about anything and not be afraid of getting bad backlash. Shantel and I use to come to her for any advice we needed in the past and now present.

Because of the Ovarian Cancer, she has lost a lot of weight. She was still thick but not as before the cancer hit. Her skin seemed more pale due to the treatments as well. It saddens me every time I see her now a days.

"I wanted to tell you something". I let out a deep breath. "I'm pregnant".

Her mouth drops open in shock. "You're what?".

"Pregnant". I repeated.

"Who's the father?".

"Damien". I blurt out instantly.

"Lord, are you guys in a relationship? Not even married, and you know his situation, I love Damien and I'm thankful for all he has done for our family but his lifestyle is dangerous". She tells me with a stern look on her face.

      My mother is one of the nicest people I know. It took a lot for her to be upset about anything. She's always the one to go for , especially when it came to advice. The times that I did see her mad, it was situations that were out of this world, and this was one of them.

        "Mom I know that, trust me, I still haven't told him but I know for a fact I want to keep my baby , with or without his help". I tell her as I walk to the fridge.

"You haven't told him?". She asks putting the cookie dough into the oven. "How far along are you?".

"No, I'm waiting on the right time, we both have a lot on our plate right now, and I'm about to be three months, I'm eleven weeks right now". I explain to her as I pour myself a glass of orange juice.

"I really hope everything works out, I'm going to be a grandma, congratulations honey". She smiles and pulls me into a warm embrace.

        I hug her back. A wide smile making its way onto my face. My mom means everything to me. I know she's going to make the best grandma there is. I can't wait for her to watch my son or daughter grow into a beautiful soul. I'm going to be such a good mother, I don't know if I'll ever top my mom but I know my baby won't have to go through half the stuff I did.