Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Family is Family

Getting home I drop my purse on the counter, pouring myself a glass of wine and sitting down on my couch. I want to take a nap before going out tonight. I pick up my phone and dial my mom's number.

"Hey mom". I answer as I hear her end of the line being picked up.

"Hey baby girl, how was work?". She answers back sickly.

My mother has Ovarian Cancer. she's been going to Chemotherapy and I have been paying for most of her treatments with the help of Damien. He always made sure my mom and I were good because we were all each other had.

My dad ran out on us when we lived in the projects, I was only four months old when he left. My mom was a great single mom though, I never had to ask for anything she always made sure that I was good. My grades were good and I treated my mom with the upmost respect, after all, she deserves it all.

"When are you going to finally agree to living with me?". I ask her with concern in my voice.

My mom has been living in her own apartment in the projects for awhile now. The apartment that I grew up in. Sometimes I'm scared for her safety where she lives but she is so stubborn. Sometimes I wonder if that's where I get it from but she says I get my attitude from my dad.

I told her I saved up enough to be a home owner and get my own home. I know it will be such an achievement and I want her there to see it happen. I just love her so much. Plus it would be so much easier for me to take her to and from her Chemo treatments. And instead of facetiming me all the time I can come home to seeing her beautiful face.

"You know I don't want to get in your way or anything like that". She says weakly. I hated hearing her voice after a treatment but she wanted my Aunt to take her today because of me having class tonight. I told her I didn't mind but she still insisted that she was okay.

I hated how overprotective I got with her sometimes but I do it out of love and she said she understands that. When I finally find a place I'm going to ask her again. If she says yes then I will finally stop asking her.

"Mommy, I love you so much, no matter what excuse you have, I will want to be around you twenty-four seven".

"I love you more sweetheart, Do you have any plans tonight?".

"I was planning on going to the club tonight, I have not been there in forever".

"Okay, be safe and have fun, I love you , I'm going to take some rest now".

"I love you more mama". I kiss her through the phone and hang up.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

The Club

Stepping into the club with Shantel on my side. I am rocking a black dress that showed my every curve and some high heel boots that stopped above my thigh.

        Shantel is wearing a red body suit and some high waisted booty shorts, she went with red pumps to match her bodysuit. We were looking fire with our lip gloss popping.

As I walk pass the VIP section I see Damien with a girl sitting on his lap. He had his two friends sitting next to him and he was kissing on the girl's neck.

I don't know why a wave of jealousy took over me, but it did. Damien knew what it was between us. I don't care that he's doing him, but once I start doing me, he better not say anything to me.