Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Baby Shower

"Put that one over there". Shantel tells the designers helping with the decorations for the baby shower.

"You're so bossy". I tell her with a smile.

"Everything has to be perfect for my god son, I don't care, you just remember your make up appointment is in a few". She puts down the clipboard that she was holding.

"I know, Damien is picking me up soon, I'm excited even though you know I hate wearing makeup".

"You did it twice already for your maternity photo shoot, a third won't hurt".

My mom walks over towards us. "Damien is here, he told me to come get you".

"That's my cue, I'll see you guys in a few hours because I'm going to the stylist after to put on my dress". I tell them as I walk to the patio door.

"Didn't I tell you not to put that shit there!?". I hear Shantel scream behind me. No one should get under her skin today, she seems like she's out for blood if anyone messes this up.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

On the car ride to get my outfit put together for the baby shower. Damien holds onto my hand.
I look up at him confused. I knew we were back on okay terms for the sake of our baby but I hope he didn't think we were getting together or something.

"I just want to let you know that I know I've been wrong , I messed up and I wish I could take it back, I want nothing but the best for you and I know that's crazy for me to say after everything I did to hurt you but I'm truly sorry". He apologizes.

"I just need you to know that I want the best for us, for our son, we do not have to be this perfect family, but whether we like it or not, we're a family".

"I know, I lost my dad, my mom, my best friend, all I have is you , my son and your mom". He sighs deeply as we pull into the plaza and park the car.

"You okay? What's going through your mind right now?". I ask him with concern lacing my voice.

"I do not want to lose you guys to the game, to the streets....... I lost so much already and after my son is born, I'm handing the empire down to my cousin TJ". He looks into my eyes.

"Are you serious?". I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm serious, I don't care how much I have to fight to leave, I'm leaving it behind, I can't take another lost".

I pull him into a tight hug. Kissing his cheek as he pulls away.

"I'm happy you made that decision for our son".

"Not only him but you too, for a chance of a family with you".

"I told you already, I like where we are now, I don't know what the future holds for us but I do wish for us to work together as parents, I have to trust you again, you hurt me".

"And I'm such an idiot for it". He sighs again. "I just hope you can forgive me one day".

"I'm trying". He reaches over, rubbing my huge eight month baby bump. "How did we get to this point?".

"When you took me to that lake cabin and I lost my virginity". I laugh a little making him smile at me.

"Oh yeah, of course you would remember that, freaky ass". He teases.

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}