Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: The Birth Of A Future King

Later on that night

    My water broke. I have been having contractions like crazy but just now, I'm standing in my bathroom after peeing for what felt like the hundredth time and water started leaking down my legs again. I guess having sex with Damien really did work.

"Mom! Grab the baby bag!". I was going to finally meet my son. "Damien get in here!". I scream louder.

     The excitement filled me with tears because I have been waiting on this moment for nine months and that moment is finally here. I smile from ear to ear, despite the pain I was in. Nothing brings me more happiness than knowing I was going to meet my baby boy soon.

      My mom charges in the room with bags in her hand. Damien, who was sleeping in the guest room, comes inside and helps to hold me up and walk towards the door.

"Are you sure?". He asks.

"I mean. Hence the fact that there's water running from my vagina and I didn't pee on myself then I'm pretty sure it's time Damien".

"Don't get fiesty with me I was just checking , I'm nervous and honestly scared". I can see the look of fear in his eyes. Which is crazy because for as long as I knew Damien, he was never afraid of anything, but look at him being a big baby over becoming a father.

   I couldn't help but imagine what kind of life we were going to have. I know we aren't together and there's a lot of trust that needs to be regained because of his past actions but I still loved every inch of him.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

5 hours later

    When we arrived at the hospital. We got rushed to the maternity ward of the hospital. We were waiting on the doctor but the nurse checked and said I'm already 8 centimeters dilated.

I walked around the house and the hospital a lot. Walking helps with the contractions and also speeds along my labor. It took me 5 hours to get to the hospital after my water broke, I'm surprised he's not here already.

    My mom was reading me a book. To help calm my nerves. The pain I was in was nothing like I had ever felt before. So each contraction I held onto Damien tighter than before.

   He didn't seem to mind though. He was wiping the sweat from my forehead with a rag. Giving me sips of water. Kissing my forehead and assuring me that I was doing great.

    I just want to meet my son. I don't want to rush him but I also need to hold him, feed him and let him feel the love that I have been saving up to express to him the moment I found out he was growing inside of me.

The doctor comes into the room with a warm smile on his face. "Summer, how are you doing?". He greets me.

"I'm doing fine". I say as another contraction hit and I scream in pain.

"Okay just let me check how far along you are, the last time they checked you were 8 centimeters away so it won't be long before you have to start pushing". He tells me.

    I give him a nod as he brings my feet up once again and begins to check me. I felt so uncomfortable and irritated but I know it's from all the pain.

My mom puts down the book she was reading and sits back down. Even though she was in so much pain, she didn't want to miss the birth of her first grandchild. I wish ma was here to share the same experience right now.