Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two: On The Run

5 hours later

             The car ride to the cabin was mostly silent. We really didn't have anything to say to each other. I didn't think we would come to this but here we are again.

          I look at Na'sir in the back of the car. He was still sleeping through all of this which I am thankful for. What makes me more worried is Damien being pulled back into the game.

        Winter was approaching, so it's a bit cold outside, especially in the mountains where the cabin is located. We stopped at the store to get food and some hygiene things since we didn't know how long we had to be away for.

          I begin to nod off to sleep. The drive was long but I know for a fact I couldn't stay up for so long. We have already been on the road for 5 hours and it's going to take another 5 to get to the cabin.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

Flashback 2 years ago

"I wish we didn't have to go home today". I complain to Damien as we get dress to go to the lake.

         I put on a red two piece swimsuit and he has on his grey and white swim trunks. He comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

"If someone didn't lie about her whereabouts then we wouldn't have to go back today".

"Oh hush". I roll my eyes. "If my mom knew why I was going out of town then I wouldn't have been here at all".

He spins me around to face him. "When can I meet her?".

"I don't want her thinking we're together or anything".

He grabs his chest. "Wow, that actually hurt".

I slap his arm playfully. "As it should, now let's go before I change my mind".

           We held hands as we made our way to the lake. Only because the trail to the lake was rocky and I didn't want to bust my ass like the first time we went fishing here. As soon we got to the boardwalk, I release my grip on his hand.

"The view is stunning in the morning". Damien compliments as he takes in the view of the lake and the sun sitting perfectly behind it.

"We should plan a trip up here with our friends one day". I tell him.

He nods. "We should". He places the picnic basket on the grass with a huge purple blanket next to it, he then takes the basket and places it on the blanket.

          The basket was filled with fruits and our breakfast that we made once we got up. I made the pancakes, bacon and eggs while he made the turkey sausages , biscuits and ham. I thought it was a great idea to have a picnic after we finished swimming.

He wraps his arms around me once he was finish. "You are so beautiful".

I begin to blush immediately. "Thank you".

"Too bad I'm going to have to do this".

"Do what?". I ask confused.

              He picks me up bridal style and begins running on the boardwalk towards the lake. I begin to hit him to break free of his grip but he was too strong for me. I held my breath as he throws me into the water, diving in afterwards.

"I'm going to kill you!". I yell as I got back to the surface of the lake. "Now my hair is wet completely, I didn't tie it in a bun for no reason". I was furious.