Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen: Ohana Means Family

I love the crib. I love this beautiful grey set that we brought for our little prince. Now we are setting up his nursery. Damien had already painted the room in a light blue color. And I finally decided that I didn't want animals on the wall. I went with a marvel's theme since it was my absolute favorite.

"It's coming along nice". My mom says to me as I put another box of diaper in the closet. "I didn't think we would get this far but here we are".

"I am, we procrastinated all this time and now we're finally finishing up".

I sit in his rocking chair and rub my now huge tummy. I am officially nine months and currently waiting any moment now for my water to break. These nine months have been so hectic. He isn't even here yet , and we've already endured so much together.

Damien walks into the room. "I just finish setting up the baby swing downstairs, I feel proud".

"Well, since you're such a handyman, there's the car seat". I point towards the box that the car seat was in by the door.

"No breaks?". He pouts playfully.

My mom lets out a laugh.

"Not even one". I tease.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

2 days later

"This will be the first time doing a 3D ultrasound?". The ultrasound technician ask us as I lay on the bed.

"Yes, he's going to be here any minute but we really wanted to do this and honestly didn't get the time to".

"Well we all have our problems so I completely understand, I'll get started". She says to us while pressing some buttons on the ultrasound machine.

She puts on the big screen in front of us and lifts my shirt over my tummy. I could no longer see my feet how big my stomach was. My mom said she's surprised I'm not having twins.

She puts the gel on the ultrasound wand and begins to roam the lower part of my stomach. Immediately I see little man pop up on the monitor. A smile made its way across my face.

"Look how big he is"

"Look how big he is". Damien says in a cheerful tone.

"And he seems to be hiding his face a little but let's see if he'll give us a good ultrasound picture". The technician Rosie says to us.

"He's moving a lot, I can feel him but seeing him makes it so much better". I am smiling from ear to ear. Damien takes out his phone and begins to record the moment.