Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine: I'll Hold You Down

4 months later

"Na'sir pick up your bag pack from out the hallway please". I direct him.

"Okay mommy". He replies as he goes to do what I tell him.

"Come on Gracie, mommy is running late". I pick her up and place her on the couch, I put on her shoes and tie the lace. "Can you be a big girl for mommy and go wait by the door?".

"Yes mama". She replies and jumps off the couch.

         Gracie moved in with Damien and I 3 months ago. Her mother was truly unstable and we found out that she had been physically abusing her. She's only two and have endured so much from a woman that was suppose to be protecting her.

"Baby". Damien calls out as he embraces me into a warm hug. "I'm going to miss you".

"No you won't, I left your food in the microwave, don't forget to heat it up".

"What would I do without you?".

I spin around to face him fully. "Absolutely nothing". I chuckle. "Just kidding , you'd be a great man living with your wife and kids".

"I can't wait to make you my wife after we have the twins". He smirks kissing me slowly.

"Ewww". Na'sir reacts with his book bag in his hands. "Let go of my mommy". He starts trying to beat up Damien.

"Summer , talk to your son before I knock him out". He says picking up Nas and throwing him over his shoulder.

"I'm never leaving this house on time". I say to myself.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

"Shantel!". I scream as I see my best friend wobbling over towards our brunch table.

"I missed you so much". She says giving me a nice tight hug. "Did you order yet?".

"Yes, I wanted to wait on you but I'm starving, I got the grilled chicken and shrimp".I tell her.

          She takes a seat and waves over the waiter. She comes over and takes her order of the same thing I ordered. It was crazy that we had the same pregnancy cravings of seafood and chicken.

I have helped Shantel back on to her feet after the accident. Andrew got charged with attempted murder and surprisely got 25 years behind bars. The reason he got so much is because he pleaded not guilty but didn't know we had so much evidence against him.

Shantel moved into a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house about 10 minutes from where I live now. After Gracie moved in 3 months ago, I decided to use the money Damien and I had saved up to buy a bigger house.

"How's the babies?".

"Their good, three more months to go, I do not need any stress these remaining months".

"Listen, all my big ass can do is eat and this little boy is greedy as hell".

We both begin to laugh.

"Look at us, all happy and shit". I tell her smiling.

"Speaking of happiness, I'm off the market, I'm currently dating this amazing dude, we met while I was house hunting, he's a realtor".

"What!?, tell me more".

"Well his name is Nicolas, he has never been married, had to clear that one up". She laughs to herself. "He doesn't have any kids and well like a said, he's a realtor and a very independent guy, we've been on a few dates".