Chapter Four

Chapter Four: And then there were bullets.

The next morning I woke up sore from the entire night of having sex all around my one bedroom apartment. I look next to me and see a note that read.

Good Morning Beautiful, By the time you wake up I wanted to let you know that I grabbed you some breakfast and because you wake up at exactly 9 I set a timer on your bath to make sure you have a hot bathe after last night.

Love, Damien.

A smile makes its way across my face. He was so sweet and caring at times. I just wish he didn't do half the things he did when it came to drugs and running his dad's empire. But now I'm starting to understand that he is doing it as a way to get closer to his dad.

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

I walk into the lunch room with Shantel and we take a seat in our usual spot at the window of the cafeteria.

"No lie, your butt got fatter". Shantel compliments me with a smirk.

I start to blush. One thing about compliments. It's so much better receiving them from a girl then a guy. I don't know why girls always feel to hate on the next, if you doing good in life, I applaud you because sometimes this adult shit sucks.

"Do you mind taking a picture?". I smile taking a seat. I was honestly joking but she took out her phone quick as hell to take a picture of me.

We both busted into fits of laughter and begin to eat our lunch. I honestly feel like we need another girls weekend, we haven't had one in a year and it's only because I started taking on more classes at nursing school, but now? I have some more free times on my hand.

"Shantel, we really need a girls night out".

"Oh? So you can leave me to go get dick from Damien again?".

I immediately start to blush.

"It wasn't like that, it just happened, I honestly don't know how it happened". I try to play it off.

"I've known you for how long?, who you trying to fool". She playfully rolls her eyes. "But honestly we should , soon as you not busy I swear".

"I lowkey been wanting to tell you something important, you know my period is like clockwork, even with the period app".

"Bit-". She was cut off by Tracy rushing over towards us.

"Summer! Come quick, please! , it's Damien!". She yells out of breath.

As soon as I heard Damien my heart started pounding in my chest. What could of happened to make Tracy this shook? I mean she's a very dramatic person but this is beyond her.

"What happened!?". I scream at her with my heart beating in my chest.

She grabs my arm and pulls me out of my seat and we both just started franticly running towards the emergency room section of the hospital. I turn behind me to see Shantel running behind me with my purse in her hand.

We get into the elevator and started catching our breaths. It took a minute before I got my oxygen pumping back into my lungs.

"Damn girl tell us what the hell going on!, got us running like we trackstars I can barely breathe right now". Shantel yells at her angrily.

But I felt every word that came out her mouth. No matter how rough it sounded . And that's why she'll always be my girl. I know my rider. She's literally my other half.