Riddled

Drina POV

I'm peacefully sleeping when I get a call from Scott.
"Ugh hello Mr Alpha." I say picking up the phone and sitting up a little.
" Drina! Stiles is missing."
"What do you mean Stiles is missing?"
"I mean he called me and he's hurt... he's calling." With that he hung up.
I went to Stiles room and saw that my brother was in fact not there and his room was a red string of crazy. I speed dialed Ethan.
"Hello?"
"Ethan! My brother is missing."
"On my way."
I hung up and ran to my room getting dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt almost forgetting to put on a bra.
When I got back to my brothers room, Scott, Lydia, Issac and the twins were there.
"How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott asked to Lydia and the twins.
"I heard it." Lydia said looking at him.
"And Drina called me."
"You heard it?" I asked looking at her.
"Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."
"Not as confusing as this. He uses red for unsolved cases." Lydia said looking at Stiles's room which has red string going to various pictures all attached to a pair of scissors stabbed into his bed.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?"
"Or is an unsolved case."
"Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" Lydia said looking at Scott slightly angry.
"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent." Issac said looking around.
"What else did he say?" I asked looking at the two wolves.
"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding. And he's freezing."
"Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s."
"What did my dad say?"
"We haven't told him yet."
"What?!" I shouted at them feeling my eyes glow.
"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" Lydia said looking just as frantic.
"He made me promise not to. We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?"
"You guys didn't notice that the Jeep's gone?" Ethan said pointing to the window.
"It's what?" I said jumping over the string and looking out the window.
It's gone.
"Oh God....."
Ethan walked me back over the strings and held me.
"It's ok we're going to find him.."
"How guys? My brother is out there freezing and hurt why are we just standing here?"
"You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't." Lydia said getting out her phone.
"Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison....."
"Everyone except the cops. Great idea." Lydia cut Scott off.
"You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?"
"Thank you for that Aiden!"
"Drina, calm down we'll find him. Come on. You got a scent?"
I nodded looking at Ethan.
"Then let's go." He dragged me out of the room and we got on his bike riding off behind Scott and Issac.

We got to the station and told dad where he stood there processing this before getting right.
"Alright. If his Jeep is gone, that's where we start. Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far. So If he's out their barefoot in just a T-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. The 4 of you, come with me." He brought the boys and I into the office and shut the door.
"Okay. Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anyone out there?"
"Lydia knew he was missing."
" Can she help find him?"
"Well, she's working on it."
"Anything else?" Dad asked looking at us.
"We got his scent so we can start there." As I said that Parrish knocked on the door.
"We got it, sir. We found the Jeep."
We drove to the hospital and found the Jeep dead because he probably left the lights on.

We went inside and Melissa took dad and Parrish to look in the basement while Scott, Issac and Ethan and I went upstairs to the roof finding Derek.
"He's not here. Not anymore."
"The whole building?" I asked walking over to him.
"Gone."
Isaac and Ethan went to go tell dad and find Allison who for some reason isn't answering her phone.
"Notice how strong the scent is up here? Ever hear of chemo signals? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."
I took that breath and felt the same as Scott and Derek.
"Stress."
"And anxiety. There was definitely a struggle."
"With who?"
"Himself."
Derek headed to the highschool to look while Scott Ethan and I went with dad. I'm sitting in the cruiser with dad playing with my necklace trying to stay calm.
"Honey he's going to be ok."
"Dad how do you know?"
"Because I know my son and your brother. He's going to be ok and we're going to find him."
"Ok." I got out of the car as we pulled up to Eichen house. Our nuthouse. Where the Capital bomber and came from and where the guy who did you know what to me when I was a child.
We ran in and followed Lydia to the basement.
"Stiles!" I shouted running down the stairs looking around.
"He's not here. Lydia where the hell is he!?" I shouted at her feeling my eyes glow bright with my anger.
"I don't know this doesn't make sense."
"You were supposed to be able to find him!"
"Ok Drina calm down." Ethan grabbed me around the arms and lead me back upstairs as I fought his hold.
"No Ethan, let me go."
"No. Calm down. Ok? We're going to find him. So calm down."
I started getting my breathing under control with low growls every now and then. After a few minutes I felt my eyes go back to my green and I calmed down.
"Ok... let's go."
With that we ran to his bike and got on about to ride off when my dad told us that Melissa found him and he's at the hospital.
We got there and I ran into the hospital and found dad with him.
"How is he?"
"He's ok."
I let out a cry and sat down on the bed holding my brothers hand.
"I'll stay with him... you go... go tell everyone how he's doing."
"Ok sweetie.. I told you we'd find him." He kissed my head and left.
I got cleared to stay with him for the day and after reading for a little bit I feel asleep next to him in the hospital bed. Our breathing in rhythm like when we were kids. Dad said that when we were extremely tired our breathing would go into a rhythm of in and out.
Dad woke us up around noon because they are going to do some tests on Stiles and I just watched until we had to do the MRI.
"I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling." Dr. Brown says looking at his file.
"Just call him Stiles."
"Ok. Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get you earplugs or headphones."
"No no I don't need anything."
With that the adults left leaving Scott and I there with Stiles.
"You know what they're looking for, right? It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure."
I started to cry slightly hearing Stiles talk about it and he pulled me into a hug.
"Stiles if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something." Scott said looking at him and we all hugs as I cried, then Scott lead me out and held me as I cried.
We sat down as Derek came to us and sat down.
"You know the stuff you we're telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you we're teaching me to use anger to control the shift." Scott said looking at him.
"I think you ended up teaching me more about that."
"Are you teaching us again?" I asked looking at Derek wiping my tears.
"Think of it more like sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right? It's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left. I needed to talk to my mother."
"You're dead mother?"
"She told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills. They protected it. This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you two." He looked at both of us.
"Us?" I asked gesturing to me and Scott.
"Yes."
"And someone like you to teach us a few trade secrets."
Derek smiled as Scott said that.
"Wait a second....."Scott said getting a thought.
"What?"
"He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us. From himself."
With that he and Derek ran to the roof and I went to go check on Stiles's results. They had the results up and I froze seeing what I feared.
"See this? The tissue here and there. Both those spots are showing signs of atrophy."
I gasped as tears fall and I backed up to the wall crying.
"No. No. No! No!" I cried as dad held me.
"Drina calm down it's ok."
"No! Dad it's not! *Cries* I already lost mom to this. I can't lose both of them. I can't! I can't..." I broke down as he held me and the lights flickered.
"What was that?"
"A power surge?"
I looked over to where Stiles is and he's gone.
"Where the hell is my son?"