117

Drina Pov

We brought Derek to Deaton because he can fix everything!
We hope.

"Wow." Is all he said.
"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." Stiles said from next to me as I'm just looking at Derek. He's so young.... something inside me says I might have known him at this age.
"I think you may be overestimating my abilities."
Lydia held his hand. "He's really cold."
"You think this is permanent or can we fix this somehow?" I asked looking at Deaton.
"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."
" So what do we do with him?"
"Until he wakes up. Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."
You mean from Kate?"
"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."
"Why would she want do this to him?" "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."
"And bad for everyone else."

I'm listening to them talking while looking at Derek and I started blinking fast to wake up and leaned against Stiles fighting sleep.
"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again." Deaton told us looking at us exhausted.
"Someone should stay with you." Scott said to him.
"I'll stay. My grades are fine." Lydia said.
"I'll stay too...." I said standing up but instead Stiles just picked me up bridal style and I cuddled into him.
"Go home and get some sleep."
With that scott, Stiles and I went home.

I apparently fell asleep on the way home because I woke up in my bed the next day in my clothes with cyclone on my chest meowing at me.
"Good morning cat..." I groaned sitting up petting her. I looked at the clock and saw it was 6:30am perfect wake up time for school. I showered really fast putting my wet hair in a braid and got dressed in blue jeans with a sports bra a flannel shirt with boots. Did my usual makeup and put on my jewelry, grabbed my bag and went downstairs with cyclone.
"Morning people." I said getting my coffee as dad and Stiles are talking.
"Hey sweetie. How'd you sleep since you two didn't get in till 3 am." Dad said looking at us and we froze.
"I I uh slept good..... how how'd you know we got home that late?" Stiles said looking at him.
"I woke up as soon as I heard the back door open."
"Damnit I knew there's a reason you keep that hinge squeaky." I said looking at him.
"Yes for security so I know when my twins are coming in at ungodly hours like 3 am. Do I need to set a curfew for you too again?"
We started slightly pleading with him at that.
"Dad please no. You know what our lives are now and why we're out so late."
"In a nutshell yes but not in detail. Where were you two?"
We both bit out lips thinking and then literally saved by the bell alarm dad has for us to let us know when to get to school.
He sighed and clicked it off.
"Ok go to school and we will finish this later. Got it?" He said looking at us with a pointed finger in our direction.
"Got it." We said together and he smiled like he does everytime we do that.
I kissed his cheek before grabbing my bag and went out to the Jeep with Stiles.

We got to school and I just went to my locker getting what I needed and saw some kid fighting with his locker.
"Don't let it win. The locker will never let you live it down." I smiled walking over to help him.
"So First day and my locker hates me."
"It doesn't hate just you. It hates all of us. So First day? Are you a transfer?" I banged on the locker and it opened.
"Y yeah I am. I'm Liam, I just transferred from devenport prep." He smiled putting stuff in his locker.
"Well Liam I'm Drina welcome to beacon hills highschool."
"Thanks."
I smiled. "If you need any help with anything you can come find me."
"Thanks... actually where's sophomore homeroom?"
I pointed to the door next to us.
"Right here."
"Oh thanks. I'll see you around then." He said with a smile.
"Yes you will. See you around Liam." With that I walked away to my class.