Lunar eclipse

Drina POV

16 hours they have been under for 16 hours.
As they are under I'm feeling something.
Something more than the usual changing I've been going through that I can't describe it.

"I saw it. I know where it is."
Scott said as he and the others shot up from the ice
"We passed it. There's-- There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big."
"It's the night we were looking for the body."
"Yeah the night you were bitten by Peter."
"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison said as I threw her a towel.
"That was me!" Scott said to her.
"What?"
They asked looking at us.
"You guys were out a long time."
Issac told them.
"How long is a long time?"
"16 hours." Deaton and I said together.
"We were under for 16 hours?!"
"And the full moon rises in 4."

"I made a deal with Deucalion."
Scott reminds us.
"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?"
Stiles asks the room.
"Why does it matter, anyway?"
"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help."
"He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong."
Allison tells Deaton.
"I'm not so sure he is. Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align yourself with people you'd normally consider enemies."
"So we're gonna trust him, the guy that calls himself death, destroyer of worlds? We're gonna trust that guy?"
"I wouldn't trust him, no, But you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait."
With that Ethan shows up.
"Ethan what is it?"
"I need your help. You and Lydia."
"With what?" Stiles asked.
"Stopping my brother and Kali from killing Derek."

We went to talk to Derek, Peter and Cora who is back to normal.
"We know about the lunar eclipse, So don't think kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming, and my brother's coming with her."
"Good enough for me. Derek?"
"You want me to run?"
"No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish. Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."
"If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful." Cora said from behind Derek.
"How do you know I'll lose?"
"We don't, but I'll bet she has an idea. Don't you, lydia?"
"I don't know anything."
"But you feel something, don't you?"
"I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard."

Our plan is simple.
Derek and Cora drive away while Lydia, Ethan and I stall Kali and Aiden.
Peter said he had something to do so he did that.
The alarm that tells us when someone is in the building.
It rang for a minute till Kali knocked it off the wall.
"Where is he?"
She growled at us.
With Aiden behind her.
We're standing in front of the table.
Lydia in the middle of Ethan and I.
Him on her left me on her right.
"I think he went to run some errands or something."
Lydia said as Ethan and I were staring at Kali.
"Who do you think you're talking to?"
"Someone in desperate need of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral."

Kali turned around to see Aiden growling at his brother for being too close to Lydia.
"Oh really? Did someone take their assignment too seriously?"
She asks circling him.
"She's not the problem."
"Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie."
"Oh God is this about to get really violent?"
"Probably." Ethan and I said together.
With that Jennifer dropped through the window above and I pushed Lydia and Ethan away while I dove to the right.
"Who wants to go first."
She and Kali fought then jennifer knocked out the twins and I tried to fight her.
I took my knife that she caught put it in my thigh as I was going to kick her.
It healed instantly. Finally enhanced healing has kicked in.
"How?"
"Don't know yet but it's very useful." I was hoping that would be my cool statement and then I would take her out.
But no. She grabbed my leg and flipped me over and Lydia pulled me out of the way.
"That's right Kali, look at my face.Do you know what it takes to be able to look like this, To be able to look normal?"
"I don't care."
"It takes power like this." She collected all the glass and Kali is dead.
The twins came together but Jennifer took them out too with almost no effort.
My turn.
I pushed Lydia out of the way and kicked Jennifer's shins and she grabbed my shoulder and slammed my head onto the table.
And I'm out.
But awoken by Lydia's banshee scream.

A little after Derek and Cora came back and Cora is trying to calm Lydia down while I'm honestly trying to catch my breath leaning up against the wall.
"You did this for me?"
He asked her.
"For us. For anyone who's ever been their victim."
"Stop talking to me like a politician. Stop trying to convince me of your cause!"
"Fine, I'll convince you of someone else's. Scott. You can save his mother, Drina and Stiles's father."
"How?"
"I need a guardian, And that's a role that can either be filled by the three parents I was forced to take or by you."
"How can I help. I'm not even an alpha anymore."
"All I need is for you to help me get Deucalion in the right place at the right time."
"You just took out 3 yourself why do you need me?"
"You haven't seen him at his strongest. I have. And If he's got Scott with him, I don't stand a chance unless I have you."
"Derek don't trust her." Cora and I told him.
"I have the eclipse in my favor, But the moon's only gonna be in the earth's umbral shadow for 15 minutes. That's the extent of my window. There's no decision to struggle with. Help me kill him, and the others live. Just help me."
Damn it he went with her.

"Ok ladies we have to go and get help." I grunted getting up.
"From who?"
"I don't know but we have to go."
As we are leaving the twins start to groan as they came apart.
We checked their pulses.
"Their alive."

We got them Deaton and put them on tables.
"Can you save them?"
"Only if they start healing on their own."

We got them oxygen and started treating them and after a little while they started healing and I held Ethan's hand as he woke up.
"You're here?"
"Yeah I am. Whenever your best friend is in the hospital you're there."
He smiled at me.
"Thanks."
"Anytime. Let's get you up." He sat up and I threw his arm around my shoulder and helped him off the table.
Finally this crazy day is over.

The next day I'm getting dressed and Cyclone is asleep still Derek came in my room.
"Derek what are you doing here?"
"We're leaving."
"Who's we?"
"Cora and I,  she has somewhere she needs to go so I'm going to take her."
"Ok sounds like a fun road trip."
He smiles.
"Yeah. Will you be ok?"
"I'll be fine. It's not just you and me working on what's happening to me. I got Ethan and our pack."
"Good."
I gave him a hug.
"Come back soon. Ok?"
"You got it." He kisses my forehead and leaves.

I got to school and I found Scott with Stiles and the 3 of us headed to class.

We know nothing will be normal anymore but it will be a normal we'll figure out together.
As a family.
As a pack.