Battlefield

Drina POV

"You know when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before right before you black out. It's called voluntary apnea.  It's almost peaceful."
I said sitting in the guidance office talking about Matt.
"You're brother said something similar to that."
"Yeah I figured. And if you're going to ask how I feel about Matt being dead, me finding the body. I'm fine."
"Are you sure? Drina you have a history of not letting people in or seeing your emotions until you can't even control them yourself."  Ms. Morell said from behind her desk.
"I told you I'm fine. More than fine. My dad got his job back, the crazy stalker that has been stalking me since freshman year is gone. All is good in the Drina head."
I said sitting in my chair drawing something in my notebook. It's a triskele of sorts it's more pointed on the ends. That image has just been in my head for a while.
"Alright. Have you talked to Jackson?"
"I have and I've tried to help him. But he wouldn't let me. So I'm leaving him for now but I'll probably go break into his house later and make him let me help him."
She smiled sweetly.
After the session I went home to see Peter Hale outside my house in his car.
"Hello Drina! Hopp in."
He said holding open the passenger side door.
"Uhh why?"
"Come-on really? Derek can pick you up on the side of the road and you get in but I'm here and you're ready to call your dad."
"Well the last time you and I saw each other before last night you were trying to kill my friends and other bad stuff."
"Just please get in. I'm going to Derek's and I figured that you are too.
we drove to the house to hear Erika and Boyd say that they are leaving for another pack.
"No you're not leaving. You're running." I said coming up behind them and walking over to Derek.
"And once you start running you never stop. You'll always be running."
Derek finished my statement and with that Erika and Boyd left.
"You good?"
I asked leaning on the table next to him.
Without saying anything he picks up a piece of glass and throws it at Peter who catches it.
"I was expecting a warmer welcome but point taken." He said holding the glass.
"It's quite a situation you got yourself in Derek. I'm out of commission, your pack has dispersed to find others and your only loyal pack member isn't even a wolf or anything."
"What do you want?"
"I want to help. You're still my nephew and Drina is practically my niece so I can teach you both so much. Can we just talk?"
Peter said coming up and placing a hand on Derek's shoulder.
"Sure let's talk."
With that Derek threw him  into the stairs while I just stood there with a smile on my face.

"Why are they running?" I asked in my seat in Derek's car as he drove me home to change for the game.
"You mean besides the fact that they are afraid? I think that's the only reason."
"Maybe. Have you ever seen this symbol?" I asked pulling out my notebook showing the triskele I've been drawing all day.
His eyes went wide and he pulled over looking at the notebook closely.
"Where did you see this?"
"I haven't. I've just been seeing it randomly in my head. In my dreams everywhere. Why? I can tell it's a pack symbol. Who's pack?!"
"I'm not sure just yet? Don't tell anyone about this."
With that he kept driving till we got to my house.
I ran upstairs to change into jeans, boots, light hoodie with my leather jacket.
"Drina let's go!"
"Coming!"
I shouted at Stiles grabbing my satchel and running downstairs, hopping in the Jeep and we drove to the game.
I went to the guys locker room finding Danny talking to Jackson about how he has basically ignored him all week.
Sadly I have too. Unintentionally.
"I'm getting worried about you."
"Jackson!" I finished the statement and Jackson started looking around like he had no idea where he was or what he was doing.
"Danny stay in the goal tonight and Drina stay on the bench. Do not come out. If you see me coming towards you run the other way."
With that he left the locker room.
"What's going on with him?" Danny asked me as I was watching Jackson walk away.
"I don't know. I'll see you out there. Sorry Danny." I said running after Jackson.
"Are you Jackson or Gerard?" I asked walking beside him in the hallway.
"Wer denkst du?"
(Who do you think)
"Whatever you're planning with him please don't do it."
I said before I saw Jackson almost come back into his body.
"Drina what are you doing? I told you to stay away from me."
"Well I'm not. I'm going to help you."
"You can't. No leave me alone."
He shouted at me walking away.
"Jackson Andrew whitmore!" I shouted back at him and he stopped turning to me.
"Jackson I'm not losing you to this psychopath. Please don't play tonight. Please let me help."
I feel tears forming in my eyes.
"Drina I can't. I have to. To keep you and everyone I care for safe. Now swear to me that you'll stay away from me tonight."
"But Jacks.."
"Swear it Drina! Please."
He barks with a tremble in his voice trying not to cry.
"I swear." I say my voice cracking as he hugs me.
He gives me a kiss on the forehead and walks to the field.

Oh God why is my brother running onto the field?
I thought as I saw Stiles stumble grabbing his stick and helmet.
"My son is on the field! Yeah!" I looked at dad from his seat.
The game started and we are behind by two.
"Oh ow.  He's just a little nervous. Plenty of time to turn this around."
"Lydia said from next to me as we watched my brother...well not do his best out there. But hey at least he's not dead.
"What is Isaac doing?
Why is he taking out the whole team?"
I said sitting down next to Scott on the bench.
"Uhh well I need to play so he's helping me."
Before I go to say something Jackson runs into Isaac and he falls.
"I think Jackson nicked me. I can feel it spreading."
Issac said as the paramedics took him off the field.
Scott is playing now or is supposed to.
"Go Stiles!!!" I shouted as he had the ball but wasn't shooting.
"Yay!!!"
We all cheered as stiles kept on making goals.
All is going good until a scream ran through the field and all the lights went out.
"Jackson!"
I shouted running up to him laying on the ground.
"No! No!" Melissa and I start doing  CPR and chest compressions.

"Where the hell is my son?!"