Smoke and mirrors

Drina POV

So apparently Scott and Kira were kidnapped by Kate and taken to Mexico.
Great, just what we need.

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."
Stiles says as we're trying to convince dad to let us go to rescue them.

"Even if Deaton is right about this...
The best thing to do is to go through the proper channels.
That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points." He says trying for us to see reality but we never do.

"Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay?"
Stiles says with me finishing.
"Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. We're going."
"I can stop you two from going."
"We'd find a way."
"I could throw you in a cell."
"Dad you taught us how to pick locks." I said giving him the "you can't win" face.
"Drina, Stiles, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye! Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book two flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"
Dad says offering us a deal.
Stiles and I nodded but my brother went somewhere else with this.
"Okay, okay, great. Do I get a gun?"
Dad and I just looked at him and said at the same time.
"No."
With that stiles and I went home grabbing what we need to go which for me is, my Jacket, satchel, dagger and hair tie.
Next we grabbed Malia and went to Scott's place to find something to use to track his scent so while she and my brother are doing that I waited downstairs and Liam showed up.

"Oh! liam, go home. you're not coming with us." Stiles said as Liam is following us back to the kitchen.
"Why not?"
"Because it's a full moon. And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles says looking at him.
"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the back seat or something?"
"You broke through the last chains." I said with mom voice.
"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." My brother said making a star wars reference that he knows I won't get because I don't like star wars.
"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?"
Liam asked confused about what that is and I couldn't resist a little laugh at my brothers disappointed face.
"Seriously? You haven't seen it either."
With that my brother went to leave but Liam stopped him.
"There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be."
I say my brother think the same thing I was thinking.
We're stealing another van.

Surprisingly we didn't have to because Brayden was able to get us one.
Yay.
"Why are we bringing Peter?" Stiles asks as he gets out of the car.
"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going."
"What do you mean?" I asked Peter looking at him as I'm tying my combat boots on.
"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"
"She wants to make him before he was a wolf."
"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." He says pointing to the cars.
"We can't without Lydia." Stiles said.
"So call her." I said as I clipped on my knife.

While my brother is trying to find her we got Liam set up in the van and I was about to get in when a familiar truck pulled up.
Brett.
"Uhh... why's he here??" Stiles said as he got out and I walked over to him.
"Why are you here?" I asked looking at him and he kissed my head.
"Your dad called me and told me what you guys were doing. You honestly think I'm letting do this without me?" He said looking at me lovingly.
"I i didn't want to risk you getting hurt."
He gently held my hands and I looked at him.
"Instead of taking turns on protecting. How about we just always protect each other?"
I smiled and went on my toes kissing him and he kissed back.
"I like that idea." I smiled looking up at him.

"Remember what we're dealing with. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left. Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."
Peter said his little speech and we got into the cars.
I got in Brett's truck and we drove off with everyone else.

"Dad doesn't know our plan. So how did you know?" I said looking at him as he drives.
"Surprisingly Derek called me. Gave me the big brother talk too."
I chuckled hearing that.
"Well I'm glad he did. I don't think I would be ok without you here. Deaton told me since Scott isn't here I'm the alpha right now....and I'm not sure what to do about that."
"Just be yourself and lead your army into Battle my Queen." He smiled as he parked next to the van at the church.
"Only with you my King." I kissed him and we got out into the dark village.
It was 2 seconds of calm until Derek was attacked by a berserker.
"Derek!" I screamed running to him putting pressure on his injury.
"Drina sweetie I'm ok. I'm ok. G go find Scott."
"N no y you're hurt." I said truly terrified.
"I'm ok. I'm healing. Drina. Go find Scott and Kira. Save them. Be the wolverine. Go."
He said right into my eyes and I nodded wiping my tears.
I sighed taking a breath and grabbed my sword before running into the church with everyone else.

We were in the process of planning when one of them came out of nowhere and we ran.
We sent stiles to find Scott and Kira while we fought the the monsters but one of them is Scott.
"Scott don't!" I shouted as he's going to choke Liam against the wall.

"You're not a monster! You're a werewolf. Like me." Liam said and that made Scott come back to us.

"You." Scott said looking directly at Peter.
"The only one who knew as much as Argent about Berserkers. About the Nagual. You taught Kate. You helped her. All for power."
I growled hearing this and my eyes went purple.
"For my family's power. To be rightfully inherited by me. Not usurped by some idiot teenage boy, so incorruptible, he won't shed the blood of his enemies even when justified. You don't deserve your power. Not power like this." Peter snarled.
We stood back watching them battle with Scott beating the crap out of Peter which we all enjoyed.
Scott won by a knockout and we injected him with yellow wolfsbane to keep him down.

In the morning we came out and it looks like argent is going with the calaveras to find Kate.
And Derek. He's going to south America for a little bit.
"So a little vacation time for you?" I said leaning against the car looking at him.
"Yeah and I got some people to track down."
"Sounds like a lot of work. Want some help?"
"No. You stay here and do your Job. But I do have some things for you." He handed me a set of keys.
"And these are?" I asked looking at him.
"Little going away Present besides letting you use the loft whenever you want. You and Brett." He winked and I laughed.
"I don't know if we'll get that far." I said looking back at Brett and the others in my pack.
"I think you will. You're no longer the little annoying medic who wanted to help her friends. You're a Queen."