ice pick

Drina POV
     I'm in gym class right now and today it's rock wall climbing which I like and I'm good at.
"Keep up slow poke!" I said back to Danny as he was having trouble catching up.
"Shut up missy. I'm not a climber monkey like you."
I reached the top and repelled down.
Erika and Stiles were next, she got about 5ft before stopping and breathing heavily.
"Coach we should get her. This isn't good for an epileptic." Allison and I said together.
"What. Why doesn't anyone tell me this stuff?"
"Erika you're fine. Listen to my voice. It's ok. Just push off the wall."
She pushed off the wall and walked back to the girls locker room followed by me.
"Hey Erika. Are you ok?"
I said sitting next to her on the bench.
"Yeah I'm fine I just hate when I freak out. You know what I mean?"
"Yeah. Ha of course I do. It will get better eventually."
I pulled her into a hug and went to change out of my gym clothes.
I was putting my shirt on when I saw Erika leave back to the gym.
I ran in after Scott to see her in a seizure. "Put her on her side." Allison said as she bent down next to her.
The ambulance came and I got in with her to go to the hospital.
After she was handled off to Melissa Jameson offered me a ride back to school, which normally I wouldn't accept but I had to get back.
The car ride was silent with just me humming to a random song stuck in my head.
"Thanks Jameson." I said getting out of the car and going back inside for lunch to see my brother doing terrible negotiations with Boyd about getting the key to the ice rink.
I sat down next to Stiles when I noticed Scott look behind me.
"What the Holly hell is that?"
"It's Erika." yeah that's her. She walked in with confidence wearing a new outfit and hair looking amazing. Derek.
She left and Stiles, Scott and I ran after her to see her get in Derek's car. Oh great.
With my brother and friends on their double date ice skating. I don't like ice skating I'm more of a roller skate girl so I was in my room with my music playing as I worked on some earrings for Lydia, she said she'd pay me for them; maybe I could make a business from this. Over my music I heard a knock and Cyclone meowed at the door.
"It's open!"
I shouted as whoever it is walked in.
"Wow that's really good." Erika said over my head scaring the crap out of me.
"Gah! Holy cheeseballs what are you doing?"
"Derek gave me your address. I thought with us both being in the Hale pack we should get to know each other." She said sitting on my bed petting Cyclone.
" Uh huh. I'm not in the Hale pack I'm just backup when things go sideways."
I said going to get a gift box from my closet.
"Ok the truth is Derek wants to talk to you and sent me to come get you."
I looked at her with my dead pan face and sighed.
"Of course he did." I grabbed my jacket and purse , gave Cyclone her dinner and left a note on the table for the parent and brother.
I got in her car as we drove I asked the question that's been in my head since I saw her.
"Why would you take the bite?"
"Because I was tired of being weak. With this I don't have my seizures or anything like that."
"Yeah but you do know the side affects right. The full moon? All that."
"Yeah I do and I'm ok with it." She looked at me with her new smile. I'm happy she's more confident in herself but at what cost.
We pulled up to Derek's new place it's a abandoned trolley station.
"Will you ever live somewhere where you can sit down without rats scurrying away?" I said entering the building.
"Maybe maybe not we'll see." Derek said with a smirk walking up to me.
"So is there a reason you sent one of your puppies to get me?"
"Yes. Come-here." I followed him into the broken trolly covered in rust and dirt.
He brought me to a travel trunk with the Hale triskele on the top.
He opened it and I saw all sorts of metal restraints.
"For the full moon?" I said picking up a head piece.
"Yeah."
"Why are you showing me this? And if I'm here so you can bite me. I don't want it."
"I know and I respect that. What I'm giving you is this." He said handing me a small knife in a sheth  with a clip on it.
"It's a cat claw knife. I figured with everything happening you need something sharp to hit whatever is attacking people."
I pulled the knife out and held it in my hand feeling powerful.
"I like it." I said with a smile.
"It looks good on you. Now it can clip on your waist or bra strap." We walked out of the trolly and I clipped it to my bra strap and practiced pulling it out. I will need some time to get adjusted to it.
"Ok question. You have two. Isaac and Erika but you need one more and Scott and I won't join so who's next?"
"I am." I turned to see Boyd.
"Are you sure?" Derek and I asked at the same time walking up to him.
"Yeah I am." He said looking me in the eye. Isaac and Erika came up to watch him bite Boyd. Ok so now he has a pack and I guess I'm apart of his and Scott's.