Perishable

Drina POV

So first we think Lydia's grandmother faked her death and is helping the benefactor or is the benefactor.
Second, Someone just tried to kill Parrish but he came back.
Third, Dad got shot so we're at the hospital with him.
"All right, Mr. Stilinski.."
"Sheriff." Stiles corrected the doctor who nodded.
"Sheriff Stilinski, I've got you scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning. Unfortunately, it's going to take a little digging to get that slug out of your shoulder."
I looked at Dad as he's signing stuff even though I asked him to let me do it because I'm a nurse and his daughter.
"Yeah, it's fine. One more. What's this part here? This line?"
"Patient Responsibility. Parts of the procedure and hospital stay not covered by insurance."
"Oh boy." I said looking at the guys while playing with my braid.
"Are those big parts? Like expensive parts?" Dad asked.
"That's between you and your insurance unfortunately. You should start feeling the morphine in a minute. Try to get some rest, Mr... Sheriff."
We all smiled in response and he left with Stiles and I looking at dad for answers.

"Hey, stop that you two. I was just curious about the terminology.We're not in any kind of dire straits." He said as I took the papers.
"Dad we know about the bills, Dad. We know about the collectors calling about Eichen House. We know about the advance from the department, about the credit cards." Stiles said as I looked at them.
"Stiles, Drina, are you going through my stuff?"
"Yes we go through all your stuff, especially when you're keeping things from us dad."
"I keep things from you because you don't need to know everything."
"Yes we do." I said watching my anger so I don't lash out.
"We have to know everything. How the hell else are we supposed to take care of you if we don't?" Stiles finished.
"You're not supposed to take care of me! I'm the dad. You're the children. You get it? Dad. Children. I take care of you."
Stiles sat down in the chair and I sat on his lap as he put his arms around my waist resting his chin on my shoulder.

"We're supposed to take care of each other." We said at the same time looking at him.
"Hey, we're going to be alright."
"How do you know daddy?" I asked looking at him with tears forming.
It always hurts seeing him in a hospital bed and because of his job it happens too often.
They always look small and helpless in the hospital bed.
It scares me.
It scares Stiles.
"I don't. But the morphine's kicking in. I'm not all that worried about anything right now." With that dad fell asleep with a smile of bliss and peace on his face.

"Why won't he let us help?"
Stiles asked as I'm at the nurses station organizing papers.
"Because we're the kids and he's the dad."
"So what Drina! We're 16 practically adults. You work in a flipping hospital."
"Sadly we're not adults and I work here because I worked for it. So please relax and go."
"Where?"
"Aren't you supposed to meet up with Lydia at our house?"
He tapped the counter remembering.
"Yeah I am."
"So go. I'll be home after my shift."
"Ok sissy." He smiled and left.
"Oy." I said tired and rested my head on the counter for a second.

After work I went home and slept after taking care of cyclone and all that.
The next day I got dressed in ripped jeans with a purple  corset top with a black sweater  and braided my hair before putting on my boots and went to school.
Tonight is the start of season bonfire.
It's a nice tradition we have. Everyone comes, students, alumni, other teams..... crap Brett is coming. Ugh we even planned it.
I went to school and all was normal till......
Coach's printer started going off.
It's the Deadpool but with names crossed off.
Everyone who's already dead is crossed off.
Derek's not on it anymore and Liam is now worth 18 million.
Great.....

After school we got the bonfire set up and now it's time to party.
Yay. Not.
I sat on top of the trailer with a bottle of whiskey watching the kids party.
"Hey Queenie." I looked as Brett climbed up and sat down next to me.
"Hey. How you doing?" I asked with a smile.
"I'm doing good." He smiled before kissing me.
I kissed back happily though I'm still confused about what we are.
He broke the kiss with a smile.
"I like that we do that." I chuckled with a smile and was going to say something when I saw Scott, Malia and Liam being dragged away to the school.
"What the hell?" I asked looking at him and we jumped down walking to the door but I felt myself get light headed and dizzy as we tried to walk.
We can't get drunk and I didn't even have anything to drink.
What's happening?
I felt someone grab my arms and the security guards dragged us to the others and splashed gasoline on us.
"Ugh this will take forever to get out of my hair asshole." I said angry and trying to stand but the music is doing something to us.
The main one kneeled down to Scott and I with the lighter in our faces.
"The great Alpha and wolverine, brought down by a single flame. That's just sad."
I growled weakly.
He was about to drop it when the music stopped and we got out powers back.
I snarled flashing my purple eyes and broke his arm.