tattoo

Drina POV

Holy cheeseballs I'm 16!
Is my first thought when I woke up to Cyclone on my stomach meowing at me.
I don't really have any plans for today, dad is working, da twin is somewhere with Scott so we'll see what happens.
Cyclone and I went downstairs and I saw some notes and boxes on the counter.
I see the word "Drina" written in different handwriting on the letters.
I picked up the first one that is from Jackson apparently.

"Dear Drina,
Happy birthday! I'm sorry this isn't what we planned for your birthday, stuff happened. Haha, anyway.
No matter how much of a tomboy you are you have always loved jewelry. Making it, wearing it. All different kinds of jewelry so in the box is something to remember me by. Already sized to Drina perfection a lizard ring.
Have a amazing birthday.
Love you so much, Jackson."

I opened the box to see the ring.
It's a silver/green lizard with blue eyes.
I slid it onto my right middle finger and it fits perfectly.

I opened the next letter to see it's from Derek.

"Drina,
Wow what can I say but happy birthday you're 16!
As a Hale tradition when a Hale  turns 16 she is given the pack tattoo and officially becomes a member but I figured that you didn't want a tattoo yet and you already have the bracelet, I got you something else to show that you are truly a Hale.
In the box you'll find two things, the first is the key to my place that is permanent because well I bought the building.
The next is a necklace that was my mother's given to her on her 16th from Peter. So this is kinda from both of us. Haha.
I know stuff has happened and I know more stuff is going to happen and I want to ensure you that I will always be there for you.
Happy birthday
Love Derek."

"And Peter!"
I see written on a sticky note in the box when I opened it.
Haha I think smiling at the note.
I hold the necklace up to see a medium size  beautiful Ruby and diamond moon pendent on a gold chain.

"Wow." I said looking at in aw.
I put it on just before the back door opens and Lydia and Allison walked in happily. Bearing donuts.
"Happy birthday!" The shout at the same time giving me a hug.

We ate the donuts as Allison told us about her time in France then they gave me their birthday presents.
Allison gave me a picture of all of us printed on one of those glass box frames that has glitter in it so when you turn it upside down glitter floats around.
Lydia said that this is only phase one of her present as she handed me a gift bag.
I opened it finding a beautiful purse that has moons and paw prints all over it's dark and light purple leather fabric.
"Whoa Lydia this is amazing. I love you guys." I said giving them both a hug.
"Ok now phase two!" Lydia said taking my hand and dragging me upstairs to my room with Allison and Cyclone close behind.

Lydia starts going through my closet pulling stuff out saying, "keep. Toss. Keep. Toss."
"Uh Lydia what are you doing?"
"Phase two of your gift is we are going through your closet and dresser getting rid of the old then going shopping for the new and improved and awesome Drina!"

I didn't really have much of a choice so I just got dressed in some jeans and a shirt knowing that I'll be trying on a bunch of clothes today.
After going through my closet we headed out to the mall and for the next 4/5 hours we were there shopping, we got our nails done and I actually cut my hair short.
It's a little below my jaw and has layers galore with purple tips.
Allison cut it too to just above her shoulders and Lydia just got a trim.

We are driving home talking about what Allison and Scott decided for the summer while she was in France.

"Hey ladies uh brother and Scott just pulled up next to us." I said looking out the window seeing them.
"Oh God! Lydia go go please!"
The light changed and we drove off fast.

The guys were behind us then just stopped after Allison said that she needs to talk to Scott.
"Why did they stop too?"
"It's Scott and Stiles. Do really wanna try to understand them?"
Screaming!

"What the hell! We just got hit by a deer!"

" It was terrified." Scott said feeling it's emotions through it's fur.
"Of what?" I asked as we all looked down the road.

The next morning was the first day of school and apparently Lydia had already picked out an outfit for me. When she did that I have no idea.
It's a jean skirt with a red striped v neck shirt and some ballet flats.
I don't hate it so why not.
I got dressed then brushed my hair, teeth and put on my rings and necklace and earrings.
I didn't have to put on my Hale bracelet because I never ever take it off.
As I was getting ready Cyclone was acting weird she was meowing like crazy before coming over and tried to scratch me but I picked her up and made a low unintentional growl and she jumped off to the bed.
Alright that's weird. Something's up.

I grabbed my satchel and went downstairs to see dad with stiles eating cake for breakfast.

"Ah I love this family! Cake for breakfast!" I said taking a seat next to my brother.
They both looked at me like I was an alien.
"You cut and dyed your hair." Dad pointed out.
"Yeah. I thought 16 time for a new and improved and awesome Drina."
"I love it. It's definitely you."

Stiles and I left for school after dad dragged Stiles away from his computer because after cake he went to do research on deer crashes.

"Freshmen. Tons and tons of fresh- men." Lydia said looking at all fourteen year olds walking around.

"Lydia their 14."
I said from locker next to Allison.

"Some mature faster than others."
"It's ok to be single. Focus on yourself for a little bit." Allison said trying to be a good influence I guess.
"Oh I'm not looking for boyfriend. I'm looking for a distraction." She said as we turn it to see another set of twins walk in.
"Brothers?" Allison asked.
"Twins." Lydia and I responded.
As they walked by both of them were staring at us...or me?

We walked into class and I sat down behind Lydia who was next to my brother.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed sombre under an overcast sky – seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.
That is the last line to the first book that we will be reading. It is also the last text in my class. Phones off "
The teacher said as we all put our phones on silent.
"The book is Heart of Darkness. Quite an interesting read." I said from my seat.
( I just finished reading Heart of Darkness for school 😂)

"You must be Drina. I heard you're a reader. Maybe you can help some of the students with the book."

"Maybe."

We went back to class then Scott was called out of class for some reason when Stiles noticed the bandage on Lydia's ankle from her dog Prada biting her this morning. All the critters are acting different.

"Ah!" I shouted when I Raven ran into the window right next to me.
Blood covered the window.
What was that? A suicide bird?

Screaming rang through the room as the birds came in and we got under our desks.
Stiles covered Lydia and I with himself.
After a few minutes the birds dropped and we rose to see them all dead on the ground of the class room.

Dad and the police came to investigate what happened.
Most of the class including miss Blake was in shock.
Stiles called Scott and he told us to meet him at Derek's house.
School has been cancelled for the day due to what happened.

We got to Derek's house because he is going to do Scott's tattoo.
Of course the only way for a wolf to get a tattoo is to burn it on.
Scott screamed as Stiles and I held him down.
About a hour and half later Scott woke up after passing out during the process which is probably for the best.
"Looks pretty permanent now."
"Yeah I kinda needed something permanent because of how quickly everything changes for us. Everything just seems ephemeral."
"Whoa big word Scotty." I said as Scott opened the door to see that Derek painted the door.

Oh yeah we haven't told him really about the Alpha pack. Looks like we're busted now.
Scott took out his claws and took off the paint till he saw the alpha pack symbol.

"A whole pack of Alphas."