Something Old:

Edythe's Pov:

Another dreadful day of not being at work. Aaron and my psychiatrist both insist on me taking off for a little while longer, as I get back into the swing of things. I adapt easily to my environment, I keep trying to explain to them but neither will listen. They want me to "Cope with  what I've been through." How do I explain to them, that I'm used to it? That I don't really need to cope with it, It was just another job. Aaron's worried that, I consistently say I don't really care for my father, he believe's that I do to an extent. If anything, I think Aaron should be taking time off of work considering he had a price on his head because of Viktor. The whole team went through a psych eval, yet I'm the only one out of work. I shake the thoughts out of my head as I flip the pancake in the pan, cooking it until both sides are a golden brown color. I set the table for everyone to eat. Zero helps me pour the drinks before sitting down. I turn off the stove as a place the last bit of bacon onto a plate, ready to sit down. On the monitor, Jack's cries ring through.  Zero looks at me as he sits down. "I can get him." He offers. "No, it's alright. Eat." I push my chair back in before walking to Jack's room. "What's the fuss about?" I ask towering over his crib. I smile as I swoop him up into my arms, rocking him to stop the crying. "Look's like you're having breakfast with us today." I walk back out to the kitchen to see Zero watch as Aaron rushes to grab his coffee shoving a piece of bacon in his mouth. "Good morning." I state as I walk into the room. "Morning." He says rushed. I clear my throat. "Hm?" He hums in response. "Sit down and eat your food." I reply. "I have to get to work." He replies, I glance at the. "You have time." I walk over to the table pulling my chair out sitting in it, Jack's hands falling into my food right away. Egg yolk, covering his hands instantly. Aaron looks between Zero and I before taking a seat. "Alright." He scoots his chair closer to the table. "Do you want me to take him?" He offers as he sips his coffee. "No, it's alright." I state ripping part of my egg and putting it in Jack's mouth. "You three are going house hunting today right?" He asks as he chews covering his mouth with his hand slightly. "That's the plan hopefully we'll find something." 

"You can do whatever you set your mind out to do." He encourages. He isn't wrong. I've always been capable of doing that. We eat in silence before he has to leave. He pecks my lips before kissing Jack on the head. "Don't forget, you have an appointment tonight with Dr.-" I cut him off. "I know I know, don't remind me." He smiles. "I'll call you when I can." He adds. I nod as he grabs his keys and shuts the door behind him. I shake my head as I take Jack to the bathroom. I decide now is a good time to shower and give him a bath since Zero is washing the dishes at the moment. I run the bath water, making sure the temperature isn't too hot. I sit on the ledge of the tub as I sit Jack into it. He instantly starts splashing the water everywhere. He's always so happy while he's bathing. He loves the water. I smile to myself and think back on what it was lie to be this happy. Life with my father wasn't all that bad until I got older. I sigh shaving my head. This was my homework, thinking over and comforting the past. I have to do it sooner than later I suppose. I grab the soap and rub it into a washcloth after soaking it in water. 

~Flash Back~

"Come on Eliza, it isn't that hard. You just have to trust yourself." I'm standing on the side of the pool, my father already inside. "Look, your brother is having fun, why aren't you?" He asks his arms reaching out to me. "I'm scared Papa." I whine out. "I got you, don't worry. I won't let anything bad happen to you." He reassures me. "Jump, you'll come back up, and if not I'll catch you." He explains. I shake my head in fear as I sit down on the ledge, only allowing my feet in the water. I pull off my floats from my arms and throw them to the side. "Shoot yourself." He says swimming away. I always assumed he was heading over to Rhydian, I never paid much attention. I looked down at my hands, picking at the paint on my nails. I listened as Rhdydian and my father joke around, splashing, and laughing with one another. I started thinking about how I wanted to join in the fun, but I was too scared to speak up about it. Until the laughter stopped. "Papa?" I call as I look up. My eyes darting across the whole pool twice not seeing any sight of him. "Rhydian? Papa?" I stand up walking down to the other end of the pool. I could feel the anxiety and panic rise up in my chest as I tried looking for him. "Papa?!" I call out louder. I looked over the pool once again. I watch as air bubbles surface. "Papa!" I jump into the pool without hesitation after taking a breath before hitting the water. I swim quickly over to where I saw the air bubbles and I could feel my fathers arm, I grab ahold of him and try pulling him up. I'm not strong enough, this causes me to panic and begin drowning. I'm pulled out of the water and quickly places on the floor. "Eliza." He looks at me, "You did it, see, it wasn't too bad." He explains.