The Love Of My Life:

~TRIGGER WARNING SEXUAL ASSAULT AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF MURDER~

~Aaron's Pov~

I wake up pretty early this morning due to Jack crying. Edythe usually gets up to get him, but I decided to let her sleep in. Of course this doesn't go as planned as she wakes up anyway. "Go back to sleep, I got him." I reassure her, she sits up in bed and rubs her face trying to wake herself up. I slide out of bed and walk down the hall to his room. "Hey, Jack." I change his pamper. I hear Edythe messing around with pots and pans in the kitchen. 

I pull out the basket of toys from the corner of the room to play with Jack for a little while. He's my son, and I have to rebuild a connection with him. He laughs as I put a stuffed bunny in his face and pull it away while making a "pshhh" sound. I smile widely at his reaction, he grabs ahold of the bunny tightly and throws it across the room. Another toy quickly grabbing his attention. "Aaron!" Edythe's voice echos through the house. "Yeah?!" I call back, captivated by Jack's interest in the rug beneath him. "Aaron!" She calls again and I stand up. "I'm coming!" I reply back, throwing pillows on all sides of him incase he falls over.

I stand up and jog toward the kitchen, tripping over the bunny Jack threw earlier in the process, my head hitting the side of the coffee table. Edythe is quickly at my side, "Aaron, oh god." I sit up, "Don't move." She tries to stop me but I'm completely upright now. "Are you okay?" 

"I think so." I look at her as she rest her hands, on my shoulder the other on the back of my neck supporting me. "Edythe." I frown as a thought crosses my mind. "What?" she asks worriedly, "I'm just wondering...if it's going to be your mother or Rhydian." She gives me a puzzling look as her brows furrow. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm surprised you don't remember." I state in a sarcastic tone. Putting the back of my hand on her forehead. "Are you feeling alright?" She breaks into a nervous smile and laughs lightly. "What are you going on about Aaron?" 

"Down the aisle, do you want your mother or your brother to walk you to me on our wedding day." Her smile grows by 10, "My mother, of course." She says with ease, she didn't even have to think twice about it. She cups my face in her hands happily, "You remember." She says in disbelief. "I never even thought it was possible to forget you." I plant a soft kiss on her lips, and when I move to pull away she quickly grabs my neck and pulls me closer to deepen the kiss.

"Edythe.." I trial as I notice smoke coming from the pan she was cooking with. "Your foods on fire." Her ace falls as she turns. "Oh shit-"She lets go of me quickly and runs to the kitchen. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit." She turns the stove off and grabs the iron skillet and yanks it away just as fast. "Shit!" She picks up the skillet once again with an oven mitt this time, tossing it into the sink and turning on the facet. I laugh at her and fall onto my back, rubbing my head. It throbs slightly at the pain, but I ignore it when Jack crawls over to me. "What if I just order breakfast?" She suggests as she comes back to the living room. "Sounds like a good idea."

~Edythe's Pov~

The door bell rings and I raise an eyebrow at Aaron. "Were you expecting anyone?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Where are you going?" I ask Zero, "Hanging with Mary gotta go." He replies, "Where's he going in such a rush?" Emily asks, slipping into the room along with the rest of the team. Seems like today is an eventful day. "A pleasant surprise." I say helping Aaron up from the floor. "Surprise? Did you not read the email I sent?" Garcia asks sitting her laptop on the coffee table. "I don't even have an email." I admit, it's kind of hard to keep up with social media when you're a Russian assassin/spy. "What- I emailed you on the one attached to your file-"