Epilogue 1- A Brand New Me

The funeral thankfully went smoothly, there was no hardship for you anymore. You open your room's window. The night feels oddly colder and oddly quitter from the nights before. Funny, it's been only a few days since you saw your mom standing with a small smile staring at you eating your breakfast as you read through the books.

If only you smile back at her, maybe you won't feel this empty. The wind blows softly to your face, letting you feel the night breeze calmly as the night creatures awakes and start their own day at night.

You hold your sweater closer to your cold body, tonight is going to be a hell for you. Maybe you should've just accepted jungkook's offer to accompany his father at the hospital rather than being in a big house all alone. The maids are given two days' vacation free to give respect for your late mother and it is also because of your command.

You don't think you can sleep at all today; these feelings of regret and hollow, you guarantee it will stay with you forever and ever. That's why you could see your own fortune for the whole week, it will be swallowed by darkness. The night silence was cut off by your phone's vibration, an unread message from hoseok was written on the screen.

Hoseok:

Mind if I join you tonight?

Ps. Jungkook already
knows this.

You smile at the message, how thoughtful of them to always think about you. Even when you've hurt hoseok's feelings millions of times, but he would always think about your happiness first rather than his own.

You:

I don't know.
Should you?

Hoseok:

Y/n, I know how you are.
I know you are feeling
alone and need some
company right now.
I know I'm not jungkook
but could you just let me
be there for you?
For the sake of our past.

You read his message. Never did you ever think he is the same as jungkook and why should hoseok be jungkook? You know you haven't been expressing your real feelings to him but for him to say it like he doesn't have the same comfort, the same warmness with jungkook is impossible.

If could, you want to say, hoseok is your most favorite friend. Not because he is your past lover but it's because he is just hoseok. Every time he is besides you, the warmness of the sun and the warmness of his heart melts you to lean closer into his hold.

So, in conclusion, hoseok has a special spot in your heart too and he needs to know that.

You :

What are you talking about?
I'm sorry for my words
but you are always
welcome here too.
Don't say like that ever again.

Hoseok:

Don't say what?

You:

Don't say something like
you are nothing compare
to jungkook.
You are just as special
in my heart.
So don't say that.

Hoseok:

You too stop saying
something like that.

You:

Me too?

Hoseok:

Don't you say something
that could shake my heart
like that.
I'm still on my way of
moving on from you.
Don't say anything that
could make me think twice.