Part 12 : Small Talk, Big Talk

Jungkook patiently waits for haneul under the big tree. The big three of the last meeting between two lovers, the place where she said she was afraid of what will happen in the future if you knew about them or she's afraid if he will hurt her first before she could hear he say I love you.

Jungkook wants to cry in front of her, he wants to say that she means the world for him too but he didn't have the courage to stop haneul form walking away. He just stayed standing alone under the tree, feeling broken and feeling more helpless than he was before.

She didn't know but she had half of his heart in her hands. The hands who chose fear rather than believing in him and without trace, she left him alone with a heart broken.

If she's so afraid before, then why is she here? Why has she come back to him when he just finishes mourning for her left.

Jungkook don't know how to feel when he meets her. He doesn't even know if he can breathe properly around her like usual again. If he could turn back time maybe he would stop himself from accepting her confession.

"Jungkook?" jungkook looks up from his phone and the sunlight blocks her face from being seen. He's a bit taken back by the bright sun but as his eyes adjust the brightness, he sees it. He sees haneul's beautiful smile once more. The smile that could make his heart beats fast and stops beating at the same time.

He didn't know that was possible to be but she did the impossible without trying. "Hey." Jungkook slowly replied before standing in front her. There's almost a one-meter distance from each other and he will make sure to keep it that way until the last twenty minutes with her.

Jungkook glance down to his watch, "I only have twenty minutes for you." Haneul looks taken back with his cold voice. It wasn't like the warm one she would always hear every morning.

His voice sounds like sweet melody of birds singing in the morning. The sweetness of the gold honey is so sweet until she could taste it under her lips. But this voice sounds so distance and so cold like a block of ice been showered on her.

She awkwardly rubs her hand behind before pulling her ear slightly, it's a habit jungkook had remembered until now. His eyes see it and the memories of their dates comes back and he could only bite his lips from asking her why she left him alone.

"Should we go to a restaurant to talk or do you prefer talking here?" Jungkook shrugs his shoulder, "If I were you, I won't waste my time on walking more, since your three minutes are over."

Haneul's shoulder falls with disappointment as he kept on making her feel like she's talking with a brick and not someone who used to be a romantic man with her. "Jungkook." Haneul's hands tries to hold him but jungkook quickly turn his body away.

"You said we'll only talk. Holding my hand is not talking." Haneul looks at him with disbelief, jungkook is being such a baby. The break up was almost two years ago and she had move on from it. Why won't he forget what happen on the past and think about what will happen in the future.

Jungkook glance at her and sees her pulling her hair behind, looking annoyed and feeling embarrassed with what happen and it's absolutely the right expression he wants to see.

Her being annoyed with him until she stops calling him after this talk too. "How have you been?" Haneul walks to a spot on the grass and sits there. Jungkook stayed standing in front of her, not moving even an inch from the first spot he stand.

"Better." Only a word from him makes her understand he has no intention of answering stupid useless questions. "Why are you here haneul?" Finally, he asks after thinking should he or should he not ask her, finally he gains the words in his mouth and spits to her.

"I live here. You know that." Haneul seems like she doesn't want to give him the real answer he wants to hear. This 'I live here' shit doesn't work with jungkook. He has grown more mature than two years ago and he is cleverer than the naive boy he was before.

"Haneul." Jungkook sigh heavily, he just wants this to stop cause the pain is slowly coming back and he doesn't want to remember the pathetic boy he was. The boy who cried every night since he just wants to be love. He needs to let out the pain she causes in him and he can't tell anyone about his pain cause this relationship was a secret one.

He couldn't ask for your comfort and he didn't want to see you feel replaced. "Why do you want to meet me? Stop saying more bullshit with me and go straight with your point. What the hell are you doing here again?" Jungkook asks calmly but his heart is boiling with anger and haneul sees it.

She knows him well; she always discovers new things every day as they hang out together. It was so mesmerizing until she remembers even the smallest changes in him. His aura is stronger than before and his voice changed. From the cute young teenager turns into a strong adult voice.

Haneul sigh too before standing up again, jungkook guards stayed tight especially when she's walking nearer towards him. "I just wanted to see you. Wanting to make sure you are okay." Haneul without realizing raise her hadn't touch his cheeks, as if she had forgotten the rejection she had before.

Jungkook holds her hand tight, stopping her from touching him. "I'm fine." His voice is stern and his eyes are strong with anger but he still could control himself. Jungkook's eye question her sudden smile, "I got you to hold my hand." Jungkook realize her tricks, he quickly let her go. Standing a couple more steps back, "Ten more minutes."

Haneul smiles wide at him and without warning she snatches jungkook's hand and place them on her shoulders. Jungkook looks shock at her and tries to pull himself away but she kept her grip tight. She doesn't let him go and jungkook still has a soft spot to not pull away.

And he hates himself for that soft spot.

"I want ice cream. Let's go?"

Staring down to her wide smile and sparkling eyes, he missed those eyes and to see them again is beautiful, "You have ten minutes to talk and you choose ice cream over it?"

Haneul nods cutely before pulling him to walk with her, jungkook now without arguing stays his hand on her shoulder and walks with her to the ice cream shop. "I want to be with you all day."

And that day jungkook forgets his promise with you. The twenty-minute meet up has turn into two hours meet up.

___________________

-end chapter-

what do you think about this chapter?
What will you do if your ex did that to you?
Would you let him/her do it or would you slap them? (kidding)

More?or ney?

please comment and vote
thank you for all the kindness that you bring today!!

Thank you
From : 🄷🄰🄴🄲🅄🅄🅄