Part 14 : I'm Only Hurting Myself

Jungkook's eyes twitch from his slumber, the sound of pans and the delicious smell in the air force him to open one eye. It's a new day. A new day for everyone but it's a painful new day for him.

He groans painfully at the painful ache in his head, he drank too much yesterday. Is he legal to drink? No, but does the law helps him to stop hurting himself? That's a no too, so why does he needs to follow the law?

Jungkook ruffles his bed hair and watch his surroundings. Did he really manage to walk his wasted body into his room, using his own two feet?

Jungkook glance at his close door when sounds coming from his kitchen is heard again. "Who's that?" his throat feels dry, it feels like it's made from sand paper. "Water." Like his lips just summon a wish, there's a glass of water besides his bed.

He didn't wait or question why the glass was even there. Jungkook's hand reach over the warm glass and gulp all water down his throat. Feeling more lighter and more sober to think. The water feels warm as it slides down, then it means the person is here not too long or did that person-

"Shit." A loud curse is heard and it's a female voice. Jungkook's head is not in its right place yet so he can't point his finger to whom the woman is.

Jungkook walks softly towards his kitchen and slowly he walks closer and closer. One by one all his kitchen supplies are shown and slowly his eyes see her back. He sees her trying her best to not make any noise but unfortunately, she fails miserably.

"Who are you?" Jungkook rudely asks making you roll your eyes; your back is turn at him so he can't see you fully. "Who do you think I am?" You continue cutting more green onions and throw them into the hot hangover soup.

Jungkook's body freeze when he recognizes you finally, "Y/n?" You turn around and gives him a smile, "Ding dong deng. You're correct." Jungkook don't understand why are you here and why are you being so calm and so playful with him? Did he not break his promise with you yesterday?

"I told you to not beat yourself yesterday." You talk with him and he kept quiet, he still can't take in the fact you are here. With him. Cooking him a hangover soup when you're supposed to be in school, learning.

"You mister. You never listen to me when I told you to do something good." You can't turn around at him, you know it's awful for you to do this to yourself. Forcing yourself to eat the fact yesterday he picks someone else rather than be with you.

Its fine, its not going to be a daily thing between you two, right? He won't abandon you once again after this too, right?

You stir the soup, "It's almost done. How about youㅡ" Your breath hitch when jungkook wraps his arms tightly around your waist. Your body freeze being flustered by him pulling your closer to him and burying his face closer to your neck.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook's voice sounds blurry but you still could understand him. Your eyes sting at the pain but he's happiness is more important than your own happiness.

Tapping his hand playfully, jungkook's eyebrow scrunching confusion when you laugh. "Sorry my ass. You should stop drinking jeon. I don't want to visit your grave just yet. "

Jungkook lets you go and force you to turn yourself at him. He stares into your eyes trying to see what's your real emotion. What's the real feeling you're having in your heart? What's your real thought of him?

"I'm serious y/n. I really regret with what I did last night. That was shitty of me to broke our promise. "

"It was. " You agreed and he felt even more sick with his actions. "But I already told you that I've forgive you. "

You slightly push him further away from you before gripping two mittens, "Make way for hot soup please. " Jungkook unwilling steps away from your way and kept his gaze down his feet.

Jungkook wince at the pain throbbing feeling in his head again, it's been one year since the last drink he had. Maybe his body is not used to the alcohol again, or maybe it's because of the unlimited amount of his drinking last night.

Jungkook follows you from behind and watches you set the table alone. Your face didn't show any emotion, there's no pain, there's no sadness, there's no fear, there's no anger. There's nothing. There's nothing in your face for him to understand you.

It's something he has tried from the first conversation he had until now. Trying to understand you is somewhat difficult because you acting and your strong defense on keeping in your emotions are too good until it blocks him to know the real you.

Only one time, only that time when you finally let him inㅡ

Only for twenty minutes though.

Jungkook suddenly realize as he stares at you, you had something to do was to twenty minutes and he is curious for the first time about that.

You look up at him and sees he's still lost in his day dream. You called him three times, "Jeon jungkook." His body shivers at the cold ice sliding down his back.

"Y-yes? "

"Come eat and then take two pain killers in my bag after this." Jungkook nods his head.

Both of you ate in silence. This feels odd and feels so unlikely for two best friends like both of you to stay quiet for a long time.

Jungkook peeks up at you and hurriedly lowers his gaze when you look up at the same time.

Your body tense when you hear jungkook calls your name, "Hmm? " You answered.

"When did you came? I thought youㅡ You already left? " Jungkook paused at the middle before continuing with a smaller and less energetic voice.

"Yesterday." Jungkook looks surprised, did you just say yesterday?

"You stayed here all night? "

"I couldn't leave you alone. Especially not like that. " You point at the small spot of puke by his plant vase. "You were so disgusting. " You snicker a laugh, making jungkook glares at your smile.

"You say that to yourself." You look offended by his remarks, "I have never touch nor have I look at the bottle filled with alcohol."

Jungkook rolls his eyes, here you are again. The drama queen is here to snatch all musical actors' jobs. Jungkook's lips tug upwards when you continue blabbering of the negativity we'll be facing if we drink it.

"And finally, we'll be animals. Like drop ass, animal. Crawling all fours as you climb upstairs. "

"I didn't act like an animal yesterday, right? That's all adults myth and i don't believe on myth, beautiful."

Jungkook laugh, he feels like you're stupid to think everyone could turn into animals with the help of alcohol in your blood.

But his laugh died slowly when your ears flared red and your lips is sealed tight. Not even a small gap is seen and your eyes are not searching into his as his eyes are panicky staring into you.

"I didn't, right? "

"I wouldn't say you didn'tㅡ"

___________________

-end chapter-

what do you think about this chapter?

More?or ney?

please comment and vote
thank you for all the kindness that you bring today!!

Thank you
From : 🄷🄰🄴🄲🅄🅄🅄