Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Y/N felt mystified by the dream she'd had the night before. She woke and stared at the ceiling for a while, simply thinking it through and questioning the peculiar recesses of her mind, along with the tangent it'd gone on. At one point, she found herself on the windowsill, staring out as dusk became dawn.

Harry had the habit of holding onto his girlfriend while they both slept, squeezing her as tight as possible while nuzzling his face into her neck, breathing in the fresh scent of her hair. Waking up to a mouthful of her longer hair had easily become one of his favourite morning rituals, as had watching the gentle rise and fall of her chest, the peaceful look on her pretty face as she slept soundly, and feeling her curves meld perfectly into his body once she'd eventually turn, meeting him halfway for some messy version of a hybrid hug/cuddle. After them both wiggling to adjust, his hand would find its way to her hip, and her leg would slope over his.

Today, however, with his eyes screwed shut he reached his hand for the familiar feel of her waist, or some estranged limb. A frown overcame his features as he shivered further into the mattress, longing for her body heat to warm his. With newfound determination, he outstretched his foot, wiggling it around in hopes of finding hers, wrapping his toes around her ankle, and tugging her towards his chest, where, he added grumpily in his head, she was supposed to be.

When they come back empty, much to his discontent, he opens his eyes, squinting as the green in them adjusts to the light in the room, before skimming it. They land on her figure, sat rather primly on the windowsill, out of which she gazed at the world with a sort of detachedness that confirms that she is, indeed, overthinking at—he turned his head slightly to the clock—5:30 in the morning. The thin white curtains rustle slightly as a gust of wind makes its way through the crack of the window, whistling slightly as it causes y/n's hair to move with the breeze, her arms crossing across her chest to protect her body—clad in one of his jerseys and not much else, thrown on after last night's activities—from the chill.

As angelic as she looks like this from afar, he decides he'd much rather be loving on her from closer.

"What're you doin' there for?" he cooed, her jumping a little bit at the low raspy, much welcome intrusion to her thoughts. She turned and smiled at him shyly, bare toes dancing on the ivory walls.

"Come to bed," he said thickly, blinking at her sleepily, feigning innocence to seduce her back while burrowed into the covers. "You'll catch cold."

She jumped off of the sill, him chuckling warmly at the sight of her hopping about trying not to let her toes touch the cool hardwood. He made a note to get her some slippers for her feet, while grabbing her wrist and tugging lightly, smirking when she squealed a bit in surprise, easily falling to his chest.

"G'morning, baby," he greeted slowly, eyes lighting up pleasantly to find her so close, before closing his mouth over hers. One of his hands found her cheek, stroking deftly while sleep still beckoned them both, while the other smoothed down her sides, hips, before finally squeezing lightly at her bum, then resting there as she arched then melted in his hold, kissing back and suckling on his bottom lip while he continued to suction kisses off hers.

"Mmm," she stretched out on top of him, smiling almost lazily. Perfectly. Her eyes sparkled. "Good morning."

"Morning," he grinned, perfectly aware he was being repetitive. He sealed the greeting with yet another slow kiss he stole from her lips, which warmed him instantly. He pulled the thick comforter over her, and then closed his eyes while she brushed her fingers through his curly hair. "What were you doing so far away?"

Pause.

"I just...had a weird dream and couldn't go to sleep afterwards," she said nonchalantly, but Harry's eyes flickered up inquisitively once he traced slight restraint in her voice, hesitance on her face.