Just Wanna Be Your Center Of Attention All The Time

Harry knows that staring at Y/N from across the room, with his third drink in hand, and a scowl on his face, probably was not the best way to spend his night. How could he help it though, when the guy who had had Y/N's heart first just happened to be here? How could Harry do anything but watch as he heard them laugh together about old times, that he hadn't been apart of?

He knows it's a bit high school to get jealous, and usually Harry isn't a jealous kind of guy, but there's was something about Christopher – something about him that makes his skin itch. He was Y/N's first love, so to speak, and Harry knows first loves always have a fond place in someone's heart, especially when they ended on good terms.

It's just, Harry doesn't know how Y/N deals with this. Doesn't know how she handles him being in contact with his exes, or seeing about them, or reading about them, when he can barely handle one fucking hour of it. He's frustrated with himself for being a baby, and he's frustrated with Christopher for showing the fuck up, and he's frustrated with her for unintentionally making him so jealous of a guy he's never met. Harry likes to think that Y/N is exclusively his and vice versa, but seeing the face of someone who had been hers before just – well, he just can't take it.

But he stays back – doesn't want to make a scene or anything, but he can't help the staring. Nick calls him a creep and offers him a raspberry tart, and even then he could only peel his eyes away from the two for a second. He starts getting a little too far in his head, wondering if that look in Y/N's eyes means she's not remembering why she left this guy in the first place, and how she could be with Harry when there was a perfectly normal, good looking bloke in front of her.

Harry's just started letting himself panic when Y/N catches his eyes and a smile lights up her face, so bright that his breath stops for a minute as she waves him over. Hesitantly he starts, making sure that's what she wanted and she rolls her eyes and motions for him again. Once he's close enough, Y/N grabs Harry by the wrist and draws him in, "This one right here is the one I get to wake up to every morning." She gushes and Harry feels all the nervousness and anxiety that was coming to a peak halts immediately in its track, reaching up to pinch lovingly at his cheek and her grumbles, pouting at her, "Even if his snores sound like a freight train."

"They don't," he blushes, but a feeling of ease is beginning to settle, even more so when he looks at Christopher and he's only staring fondly at the two – no ulterior motives lurking beneath his gaze, "At least I don't drool."

Y/N gasps, "Oi, you promised to keep that a secret!"

Christopher chuckles at the both of them, "You two remind me of me and my wife. Proper cute couple you are."

Wife. Christopher has a wife...he's married. Harry just spent the first half of this party brooding and plotting on how to get this man into a submarine 2000 ft deep in the sea, and he was married.

He feels like a bleeding idiot, even more so when Christopher goes off to socialize some more and Y/N turns to face him, "Next time you're gonna glare at someone during a party, be more inconspicuous you goof. Could feel your eyes burning holes in the back of my head." She teases him, batting at his shoulder with a gentle hand.

Harry looks away sheepishly, although he begins slipping his arms around her waist and drawing her nearer, "Can't help it. Jus' wanna be the center of your attention all the time." It's playful, but half true, and Y/N rolls her eyes at him.

"You already are."