Meeting Your Family

- Harry would be so nervous even in the days before he actually meets them.

- He'd be interrogating you for every little detail about your family members.

- "Harry I don't know what ever single one of my cousins studied at school."

- "But babe I need some material so I can impress them when I talk to them."

- Lots of eye rolling because he's being so ridiculous.

- "You're a world famous singer and actor, I think that's impressive enough."

- Nothing you say is calming him down though.

- It's the morning of and he's already changed his outfit five times.

- Make that six.

- "What about this babe?"

- "H, it's a beautiful suit but this is a backyard barbecue, not the Met Gala. Dress in something more laid back."

- He disappears into the closet again muttering about how he doesn't know how to do "just laid back."

- Five more outfit changes

- "Is this chill enough?"

- The way he says it makes him sound like dad trying to be cool.

- He's in a floral patterned button up short sleeve shirt and his favorite jeans.

- Yeah as chill as $600 jeans could be, you think. (Normally you would tease him about that but you know he would just freak out if said that now).

- "Maybe not buttoned up all the way to the top? You know I love when you let it flow loose."

- "But what if they don't like my tattoos?"

- He's been worried about that all week.

- "Babe, you realize you have short sleeves on? They're seeing them on your arms anyway."

- He shakes his head and claims chest tattoos are whole other ballpark than arm tattoos.

- Whatever that means.

- Plus he claimed having it all buttoned up makes him look more sophisticated.

- Sure Harry, sure.

- "Babe hurry please, we are going to be late. I don't want your family to think I'm rude."

- "It's okay Harry, my family knows I'm late to everything, they'll know it's me not you."

- That doesn't stop him from hovering over you.

- Making you drive there because he's too damn nervous.

- "Wait we have to get your mom flowers!"

- "Thought you didn't want to be late?"

- "I'll just be a minute."

- Detouring to the nearest flower shop because you know it will make him feel better.

- Harry getting flustered when you don't know what your mom's favorite flowers are.

- "Y/n, you really need to figure this information out."

- Him coming out with the biggest damn bouquet you've ever seen.

- "Did you buy every flower they had?"

- "Wanted to get a variety so there has to something she likes in here."

- Shaking your head because he's ridiculous and over the top but so incredibly thoughtful and you love him for it.

- Harry getting more and more nervous the closer you get

- He's shaking his leg, rubbing his palms over his thighs

- You've never seen him like this???

- Performing in front of thousands of people? No problem. Meeting a couple new people? A total mess.

- "Shit I can't do this," he says as you park the car in front of the house.

- "Harry look at me."

- Having to grab his face and turn him towards you.

- "You are intelligent, kind, funny, and a total sweetheart. My family knows how much I care about you and they know how happy you make me. They already think you're great, this is just going to prove it to them. Just be yourself, I promise they're going to love you as much as I do."

- Well almost as much, no one could love Harry as much as you could.

- Harry smiles and kisses you softly.

- "Thanks love, needed that."

- He's putting on a brave face now, but you know he's still nervous.

- But the second you walk into the backyard, his charm flips on.

- Seriously you think you are hallucinating or something, there isn't a single ounce of nerves in him.

- How does he even do that?

- You don't know, but you don't care. You were just happy he wasn't freaking out anymore.

- Harry makes it around to all your family members, easily winning them over.

- He cracking jokes, stealing glances at you as if to say, "Look, y/n, I'm doing it!"

- And they all love him.

- Seriously, every single one of them has pulled you aside to tell you how amazing he is.

- You're filled with such warmth and joy.

- You knew they would love him, but seeing him fit in so perfectly with your family made you fall in love with him even more.

- When the party is over, no one wants Harry to leave

- You swear half of them would probably take him over you

- And honestly? You would respect that decision

- When you finally get back to the car Harry is beaming

- "Well that wasn't so bad," he says as if he wasn't the one who was freaking out for d a y s.

- You roll your eyes because you've literally been telling him he had nothing to worry about all week.

- But noooo he still had to bug out about it.

- "I hate you."

- You're smiling so brightly though.

- Because as ridiculous as he was, you love him with all your heart.

- And you can't wait for him to officially be a part of your family.