You Belong With Me

"Come on," Harry brushes his hand against yours, a spark jumping from his fingers to yours. "Tomorrow's your birthday, at least have a toast. Y/N..." he hands you a glass of wine. "Just have a drink."

You scrunch up your nose and push his hand away, "You're right. Tomorrow is my birthday...and that means that until tomorrow, I'm still not allowed to drink. Nice try though, Haz. This one was more convincing than yesterdays: Let's drink to your birthday eve eve!

Harry laughs, then shrugs, downing the drink for himself. Just as you rolled your eyes, someone bumps into you from behind. "Hey, watch–Cal!"

Your dark-haired, Australian friend grins and brings you into a warm embrace. You feel Harry's hand linger on your back though. Calum nods at Harry, "How's it been, mate?"

"Good, good," Harry nods absent-mindedly. "Hey, uh, Y/N, I'm gonna go hit up another pub with the boys, alright?"

"Abandoning the under-age birthday girl to go party with the over-age guys?" You pout and he shakes his head, brown curls flying everywhere.

Harry touches your shoulder and you swore, right then, that Harry had felt the electric current too. "It's not your birthday yet," he smiles, and then he's off.

You turn to Calum, who was already starting to lead you towards the dance floor. "Don't worry," he smiles and grabs your hand loosely. "I'll stick with you." Then, on a more quiet note, he asks, "So...how long has Harry been in love with you?"

Jaw dropping, your eyes widen in shock. "W-What? No...no no no no, no. Harry isn't in love with me"

Calum raises an eyebrow, "He practically stared me down when I hugged you. You're telling me that boy doesn't like you? You must be blind."

You laugh, "No, Harry just...he has always been like that. He only sees me as a sister." Your heart twists at his words, but you can't let yourself carry false hope like that again. Not after everything.

Your heart might break if you see another one of those pictures of Harry with another girl, despite whether or not it was all lies.

"He only sees me like a sister," you repeat yourself, staring into Calum's eyes. "Nothing more."

You and Calum spend the whole night dancing. He even convinced you to take a sip of his drink–even though you were both still considered underage and would be kicked out of the bar if anyone realized–but that was the fun of it. Calum always got you to do things you wouldn't normally do, and that's what was intriguing about him in the first place.

He was no Harry. He didn't get your heart pumping every time you saw him and every touch he sends your way didn't result in your skin lighting on fire–but what was the harm in having a good time?

Calum's eyes were glazed over and his lips were plump when he pulled you closer to him. "You're so beautiful, Y/N," he whispers, leaning in.

"Cal," you giggle. "You're drunk." You pause, then add, "You aren't bad, yourself."

Then Calum did something that surprised you–that you were most definitely not expecting.

He kissed you.

It lasted only a second, though.

You suddenly drop the cheap cup of beer that you two had snuck in a few minutes earlier on the ground, where it spilled at your feet. You push Calum away with both hands, suddenly very aware of what the alcohol made you forget.

And, to top it off, cameras were flashing.

"I'm so sorry," Calum starts. "I-I didn't mean to. I don't know what was happening, Y/N–"