Autistic

{Note: This isn't supposed to be rude in anyway. This is an actual problem and may be triggering to some people so read at your own risk. Basically, Harry has a girlfriend who suffers from autism and a reporter makes fun of her. I especially hold this imagine very close to my heart.}

"I'm nervous." You say, looking up into the green eyes of your boyfriend. He smiles down at you, rubbing at your arm.

"We'll be in and out in just a couple of minutes. It will go by so quickly, don't worry, love." He assures you, kissing your forehead before pulling back to smile at you again.

You and Harry were about to be interviewed for some online magazine thing. This was your first interview but as Harry had just released a song with his band that he made very clear was about and for you, everyone wanted to meet the girl that had so obviously stolen Harry Styles' heart.

"And if they don't like me?" You wondered again but Harry shakes his head. "What if they make fun of me for being autistic?" You worry. You always worried about that. What would people say if Harry Styles was dating someone with autism? Not good things, you were sure. Harry never cared though, he loved you from the second he met you, no matter how you were and that helped, it helped a lot.

"Who in their right mind wouldn't like you? You're perfect just the way you are, my love." You give a shy smile, shaking your head. You were going to respond but there was suddenly a guy beside you with a head set.

"Harry, Amanda, you're on!" He gestures for you to follow him. You take a deep breath and let Harry take your hand and pull you in the correct direction. You stand beside him as the guy explains what was going to be happening now but you kind of tune it out, looking around you in awe. You were still unable to believe that this was happening. It was kind of overwhelming.

"I don't know if I can do this, Harry." You confess as the two of you take a seat on a two-seater couch. Harry sighs, resting his arm across your shoulders, pulling you close against him.

"I can do most of the talking, alright?" He suggests. You nod. "It'll be okay, love. We can stop this at any time you want to, just let me know." You look up at him and give him a nervous smile, nodding.

"Well look at the cute couple!" You turn to see a girl striding towards you. She holds her hand out to you. You gingerly shake it, the nerves almost becoming too much. She smile at Harry and shakes his hand as well before sitting in the chair that was beside the couch. "How lovely to meet you both."

"Lovely to meet you." Harry says, bowing his head in acknowledgement.

"Thank you for allowing me to be the one to have the much anticipated interview with the oh so perfect Amanda." She raises her eyebrows at you with a smirk of some sort on her face. You don't quite pick up on the bitterness in that smile so you just give a small smile in return.

As the interview began, Harry took control of it. He answered the how you met, why he decided to write such a public song about you, all of the basics but eventually of course, it got turned back to you.

"So, tell me, Amanda," You look at the interviewer as she looks at you. You can't quite read her expression, you rarely could with people. It was a side effect of having autism, reading peoples facial expressions did not come easy and this girl was hard to read. Her smile and smirk seemed genuine but from the way Harry was tensed beside you, you kind of were beginning to think otherwise. "Was it Harry's money that made you want to talk to him or was it that gorgeous hair?" She winks at Harry while you frown.

"Harry's money has nothing to do with me." You say, shaking your head. "It never did and it never will. Harry is more than just money." You couldn't believe she would think you were with him just for his money. Were there others that thought this way? You sincerely hoped not but now you feared that there were.

"Oh come on, girl to girl, the money is nice though." She pushes. You thought from the smile on her face that she was joking. "It's okay, we'd understand." She had to be joking, this couldn't be serious.

"What do you think you're doing?" Harry says. You look up at him but he was glaring at the girl.

"She's kidding, Harry." You say, resting your hand on his thigh, turning back to her. "Right?" She gives a small laugh, leaning back in her chair.

"Oh yeah, of course." She brushes off Harry's angry look, smiling again. You were so confused at what was going on right now. It was getting slightly overwhelming. You understood that Harry was angry right not but couldn't comprehend the situation. Your head was starting to buzz, you could feel the panic creeping up. "Amanda, do you ever feel like you aren't good enough to be with someone like Harry? Like you aren't pretty enough, that there is someone better out there for him?" She had a narrow eyed look on her face and as Harry jumped up suddenly, you realized that she wasn't joking.

"Okay, interview is finished." Harry reaches down, pulling you up and putting you behind him while he glares down at the interviewer. "I don't know who you think you are, speaking to Amanda that way, you have no right."

"You're right, I apologize." You hear her stammer. You don't look at her as you press your face into the small of Harry's back, closing your eyes. Everything was starting to spin and you were getting more and more anxious as the seconds passed.

"She is a human being who doesn't deserved to be treated like she's with me for money or my looks, or that she's not good enough. You must really hate yourself if your favorite hobby is dragging others." Before she could answer, Harry turns and pulls you away and into a corner so the two of you were alone.

"I'm sorry." You gasp but he shakes his head, pulling you into his arms and hugging you tightly. He takes two deep breaths, steadying himself.

"Are you okay?" He asks. You give a small smile and nod.

"I honestly thought that she was joking. I.. I couldn't tell by her face that she was being rude." You confess. Harry sighs and nods.

"I know, that's why I wanted to get out of there. She was going to turn everything you said against you, I should have seen that from the beginning." He shakes his head, running a hand through his long brown hair before he smiles down at you. You smile back, bringing a hand up to rest on his cheek.

"Thanks for being there to protect me." You tell him. He smiles and leans down, pressing a soft kiss to your lips.

"I'll make sure this interview is never published. We can just put this all behind us." He assures you. You smile and nod, resting your head against his chest while he hugs you tightly. He kisses the top of your head and everything was okay again. Just like it always was with Harry by your side.