Let Me In

The knocks on the door ceased to quiet down but just get louder and more prominent. The tears streaming down my face all the same since my friend Anna told me about what she saw.

"Y/N please, lets talk about this. We can't just not say a word to each other for the rest of our lives." Yet that is exactly what I had planned to do. I was going to shut him out and never look at his vile, lying face again. Harry and I were best friends for a pretty good amount of time. Right around the time we met here in university. He was so gentle and kind. He was in a fraternity but made it clear that he really did not have much in common with the stereotypical frat guys.

I guess you could say that is where the lies started.

Another series of knocks basically turning into banging slapping on my door. Harry still speaking through the door trying to get through to me. I sighed sitting on the floor with my back against the door of my dorm. Anna's words playing over and over in my head.

'I saw Harry and Cara making out behind the library. Can you believe that? Not even having the decency to get a room or something.'

This all happened today and just last night Harry had told me that his feelings for me were taking over and that he wanted to explore what we could have together. Him saying that to me at first seemed like a bad idea because I wouldn't want anything to end on a bad note. Secondly I just didn't think someone who looked as good as him could ever have an eye on me in that way.

Last night he had taken me into his arms and held me close under the stars of the schools annual spring campfire. Just less than 24 hours ago.

Now Anna was telling me on the way from English to Biology that he was sucking face with Cara. The girl who I had alway made a point about how I didn't like her to Harry. She was always trying to get under my skin. Now it's more clear to see that it was probably because I was always with Harry. That is what she wanted and apparently had gotten.

"Y/N I swear I will break this door down," Harry emptily threatened. "No you fucking won't. You and your guys are already in the deep end for breaking that table the other day," I snapped.

Harry scoffed at my comment pressing his face against the door. "I told you I had nothing to do with that!"

"Yeah and you also told me you liked me but I guess that should be counted as a lie too," I got up stomping my foot on the floor like a five year old. This whole situation was really bringing the immature side out of me. "Come on babe please just let me in." I shook my head forgetting that he wasn't able to see me.

"I think it's best if you just left Harry. We're just not who we used to be. At least not anymore." I turned off the light in my door and buried myself into my bed covering myself with my blankets. I wouldn't be seeing daylight again until the next morning. If I was lucky.