Harry's Sleeping Habits

Harry's always been a pretty deep sleeper; very rarely could something wake him up from slumber.

He likes going to bed early and waking up late. He enjoys fresh and crisp sheets that smell of lavender because they send him to sleep quicker than rom-coms. Usually if he goes to bed in one position he will wake up in the exact same way the next morning; unless he is restless or anxious, then he will toss and turn all night long. He likes to hold the blankets tight to his chest and turn his pillow over in the middle of the night on the colder side.

He grasps onto anything he can whilst lost in his dreams, it's something he's always felt the need for because he hated sleeping alone; he was a cuddler, but had no one to cuddle with.

That's why when he met Y/N he was so excited to finally have someone to hold at night. He would always overstay his welcome at her flat when they first started dating just so he could have an excuse not to leave and get to share a bed with her. Same with when she came over at his, he would distract her in any way possible, trying to make her forget about the time, and as soon as the clock would strike nine he would say "Well, it's too late for you to leave now, moppet. Guess you're stuck here for the night." Before tugging her into his bedroom and falling on the bed together.

Harry's the type of person that holds tight and doesn't let go, only squeezes more if he feels her trying to get away. He likes digging his fingertips into soft hips and breathing in the scent of shampooed hair. He tangles his legs with hers, sometimes intertwines their fingers and softly snores in her ear. But he's not always the best person to sleep next to.

Harry can get giddy and hyper before bed, almost as if he is in a constant sugar rush. He is impatient, because after thinking about the cuddles that are awaiting him at home from Y/N he gets overly excited and can't help himself. He rushes her when she's brushing her teeth, he tugs at her-his- shirt when she's sitting at the edge of the bed, checking her phone, whines when she tells him to wait and pouts when she swats him away.

When he's tired he flops on top of her, not moving when she tells him that he's crushing her and it hurts, only rolls over when he sees she's really struggling to breathe after a while, apologizing quietly and letting his head fall on her chest, small snores escaping his mouth not even seconds later.

He's the worst to lie next to when he can't sleep; he steals the covers, drums his fingers on her thigh and plays with the material of her clothes. He moans in distress and tosses from side to side, not being able to find a comfortable position.

When he's nervous about something that might be happening the next day, like an interview or an important show, he will drink about two cups of chamomile tea and lay in bed looking up at the ceiling and fiddling with his fingers. Harry knows she doesn't like it when he does this, but plugging his earphones in and listening to his "sleep emergency" playlist can sometimes really help. And she knows his fingers are tingling with the need of reaching for his phone, so she does it for him, giving an earbud to him and keeping one for herself as it lulls them both to sleep. Of course it's not enjoyable when she wakes up in the middle of the night with earphone strings wrapped around her neck, but it's something she is willing to deal with if it helps him.

He's also not a pleasure to sleep next to when he's grumpy, especially if they had an argument right before bed. He huffs and puffs every few seconds with his arms crossed over his chest when she keeps as much distance between them as possible. But when he realizes there's just no way he can go to sleep without her in his arms, he tries to sneak his way behind her and hold her, only to be pushed away by her arms. "Don't deny me cuddles, little one." He would mutter with a deep frown on his face before trying again and succeeding on holding her tight, because she couldn't help herself around a needy Harry.

Sometimes when their fights are more serious, she makes him sleep on the couch and shuts the door to the bedroom tightly behind her, shoving her face in the pillows because she knows that without him she'll have a restless night. But every single time he just crawls right back in hours later, with pouted lips and sad eyes. "Didn't mean to shout at you, baby," he says, climbing under the covers next to her, hands reaching out for her, "please don't let me be alone." And she once again can't say no to him.

When Harry is in one of those moods before bed he's especially difficult to handle because his hands wander and they don't stop until he gets what he wants. If he rests a hand on her bum, she slaps it away and holds it to her chest, but that's not good either because then he just grabs her boob. She pushes it away and down under the covers, where he just slips it in between her thighs, and grins widely when she groans, letting him do whatever he pleases at that point.

He's very warm; his body radiates so much heat, especially during the night. He's a peach to hold tight during cold winter nights, but a pain in the arse in the summer. He doesn't care if he sweats off all of her moisturizer or makes her clothes cling to her body, he will not let go when she pushes him away or tries to slip out, only hold on tighter.

But as much as she doesn't particularly enjoy the downsides of sharing a bed with Harry, there are also good parts about it, even more than bad ones. She likes the feeling of a warm body next to her, knows that all his life he's been a loner when he was meant to be a lover, and now that he has her it feels like he's holding the world in his arms at night.

She likes when he sometimes cracks, showing his vulnerable side and just asks to be held, because he's not feeling well or he's sad and pouty against her all night long. Although they mostly make her cringe, she enjoys his badly thought out jokes and still cracks a smile every single time he mutters one before bed, because she knows he finds them funny.

It makes her heart swell every time she wakes up in the middle of the night to go for a glass of water or a quick wee, only to find him frantically reaching with his arm on her side of the bed, and not find her there. She's usually quick and gets to slip back in before he wakes up, but other times she finds him padding tiredly through the house, calling for her, "Don't ever leave again, peach." He says before tugging her back in bed.

She likes when he mumbles in his sleep, saying random words that might be floating though his head like "bubbles" or "dolphins". She especially likes mornings, when he groans over the sound of the early alarm clock and snoozes it every time, just holding her tighter to his chest, "Not ready to let go quite yet."

She likes the sweet things he does when he thinks she's fallen asleep before him, like brushing her hair away from her face and running his fingers through it, caressing her face gently, letting his index trace over the side of her neck. He sometimes peppers her with kisses, starting from her cheeks to her shoulders and sometimes a brief one to her lips because he misses her, even when they're lying together.

He just wants to give her all his lovin, shower her in affection and show her how grateful he is that he has her in his life. How happy he is that even though he acts the way he does sometimes, she is still here and would never leave.

So needless to say, she might not like it when he does certain things from time to time, but she still appreciates them none the less because they make him who he is and she loves him with everything he was to offer.