Adore You

Winter had drifted through the air quick enough for people not to realize. The coldness of the wind blowing leaving rose stains on my puffed out cheeks. I watched the fog begin to subside through my open bedside window. Closing it shut once too many chills slid down my arms raising small goosebumps. I rubbed up and down my arms hoping to treat the chill.

My brown fluffy slippers littered around the foot of my bed waiting for a foot to fill them. I decided wearing them was the smartest thing to do instead of walking bare footed against the hardwood floor. I grabbed a small green cardigan from my desk chair on the left side of my room, slipping my arms through the sleeves and tugging around my chest. The smell of pancakes and bacon drifting up the stairs into my room. With one quick whiff I was booking it down the stairs.

"Morning Moon." I smiled and took a seat at the dining table next to my little brother. His face falling into his cereal. I could hear him playing a game online with his friends unit the early hours of the morning. I laughed at him trying to keep his eyes open. My mom placed a plate of food in front of us both. "Not fair Y/N got one more piece of bacon than me," I stuck my tongue out at him and snapped a piece off with my teeth. He made a face at me and stuck his fork into the yolk of his egg.

I listened to the back and forth between my brother and mom while basically inhaling my breakfast. Clearing my plate wasn't so hard because of my lack of eating dinner last night, due to studying for a really important physics test I had today. Which is what also led me to hurry back upstairs and change to be able to get on the road and avoid any traffic. The snow would definitely be one of the causes of that. It happens every time I have something important to do. Not that everyday of school wasn't important its just I really need to pass this test or I could kiss the annual mountain trip goodbye. "Alright mom I have to head out." I checked my appearance out one last time in the mirror. Straight leg cuffed jeans with a turtle neck under. I made sure to wear rain boots and a hefty jacket to cover me in the rain. Umbrellas scared me due to all of the horror stories of the lighting catching the metal. I would not like to experiment with such a thing.

"Alright be careful." My mom shouted from the kitchen. I grabbed my keys from the side table near the door and adjusted the backpack on my shoulder.

My car started right up and I reminded myself to thank my neighbor for shoveling our driveway early this morning. Looking over my shoulder for any oncoming traffic I pulled out and started on my icy route. The redwoods were thriving in the rain and dark in pigment. Usually the rain was sufficed around things that were dampened and gloomy. I saw the rain in a way that brought everything back to life. The dried grass that needed hydration. The trees that chipped and branches fallen. The flowers and foliage that started to burn and become brown. Although, in a town line this that only ever saw rain we rarely saw anything die. Well anything that wasn't a person. But I don't really want to talk about that.

Finding parking at school was always an issue. Everyone and their mother needed to drive to school even when they lived two minutes away by foot. It was the least appealing thing about this place.

I found a space in the far end of the lot and reached over my center console trying to pull out my bag. I finally got a hold of it snatching up and slamming my door shut. I was out of breath and had developed a head ache the moment I drove into the parking lot. An alarm blurted from my phone that was in my side pocket. "Oh shit."

I stuffed it back away locking my car with the small black remote on my keys. I searched for any cars coming my was and started rushing to the front entrance. I was going to be late and I hoped that Mr Barden wouldn't send me out in attempt to keep his authority in tact. In short words he was an ass. I needed to get in that classroom with five minutes to go. It was on the third floor of all places for it to be.

With all of the worries and thoughts running through my head I failed to realize that anything around me truly existed. All up until I made heavy contact with another body. "Watch it short stack." Words spilling out of his mouth in slow motion. His heavy green tinted hazel eyes piercing into mine waiting for some grouped words in return. I didn't answer but took the time to check him out. Black jean jacket on top of a white basic tee shirt. Black jeans adorning his waist and intimidatingly long legs. His hair fallen down against his forehead slightly. A chiseled jaw that could cut the air in half. While his skin was almost as pale as the shirt that hid his chest. Yet, it was perfect and looked as smooth as porcelain.

He waited a couple more seconds before a scoffed fell from his mouth. "Oh, sorry." I stuttered and backed up from his presence. He turned away walking to the front doors of the school waving me off. Harry Styles.

God he was the most enticing person to walk the halls of Daywalk High. All of the girls falling at his feet although he wasn't every paying much attention to them. The only time I can remember anyone being involved with him romantically was when he dated a girl who used to be a student at Daywalk. Her name was Sierra and she was always under his arm. Until she disappeared about a year ago. Not sure what happened to her and the school wouldn't say much even if they knew just so they could keep a crystal clear reputation. Nothing new in the world of education.

I stood frozen after bumping into Harry, blocking a bit of the way. My eyes glued to his backside and then moving to the cigarette dangling between his middle and ring finger on his right hand. His left hand coming up to ruffle his own hair while he talked to one of his friends.

A smack of reality hit me when I felt people hitting my shoulders trying to pass by me as if there was no other space on the path to walk. Shaking my thoughts to nothing I remembered that I was supposed to be in class in what was now two minutes. The panic settled in and I told myself that running was my best bet. Letting my feet take off I excused myself over and over trying to make my way up the stairs.

Through three people filled staircases I set foot through the door right as the bell sounded and a sigh of relief was made evident through my movements. Mr Barden eyed me and his gaze following me take my seat. I looked at him when I sat and then away wanting him to do the same. A glance over my shoulder lead me to see him again. Harry sitting with his legs crossed out open side of his desk. Talking with a smirk to his friend Aiden.

The way he laughed was a form of art. I couldn't help but watch. The indents on the side of his cheeks carving his face. Such white teeth lining the inside of his mouth and almost too perfect to be real. Harry's lips were a pretty blush color that fell into the shade range of the inside of a watermelon.

Stuck in my daydream my heart suddenly stopped when his head whipped to me and our eyes met a second time today. Heat staining my cheeks when his lips molded into a dashing smirk. I looked away quickly and down onto my desk when Barden passed out the tests. I hoped that Harry didn't notice how long I was staring. How long was I staring? Not even I can remember. I got lost in him so easily.

The whole class period was dedicated to our test and I thanked the spirits around for that. I really needed as much time as I could get. Barden collected the tests at the bell and reminded us about our assignment due tomorrow. I collected my materials shoving them into the pockets of my bag. I felt someone come up behind me hovering over. "You know," Harry's voice resonated, "It is not very polite to stare Doll face."

I looked up at him, being well around a foot shorter than he. I shook my head knitting my hands together. "I don't know what you mean."

He restrained a chuckle by the look of his face. Twisting the rings on his fingers and getting closer to me with each step. I looked around to see that Barden was no longer in sight. Aiden standing in the door frame waiting for his friend to finish his shenanigans. I gulped visibly at our faces being a mere few inches apart. A grin laid out on his blissful face before it was quickly dropped into a serious one. "Don't do it anymore."

Harry backed away and walked over to Aiden. One backpack strap slung over his shoulder. He is almost out the door before spinning on his feet to look at me once more. "Oh and keep your thoughts to yourself. They're quite loud." Loud? What does that even mean?

Again he turns on his heel walking out of the class with Aiden at his side rolling his eyes at his friend's antics. Leaving me at my desk with my backpack still unzipped and my remaining supplies left distributed on the wooden table. Not only that but I stood dumbfounded and unsure if this little scene was because of accidentally bumping him in the parking lot. "What the fuck"

It was only first period.