Trust Issues ||Part 1||

Trust.

Funny word, don't you think? The firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strengths of someone or something.

One would still think that after months of being in a relationship with a respected and loving other, trust would've been conquered by now.

Unfortunately, not for them. Not for Harry.

Harry's been in a relationship with Y/N for 9 months and a half now and to say they had grown pretty close to each other was really something else.

He adored spending his time with her, going out for dinner, waking up to her sleepy figure every day he was home, going out for a walk, or even just sitting or lying in comfortable silence with her. He absolutely loved sleeping cuddled up to her body when she'd stay the night and wake up to delicate kisses on his nose, and being greeted with a big and happy smile once he opened his eyes.

He was wholeheartedly and undoubtedly smitten with Y/N. He tells himself everyday that he has never met anyone like her — and he's so sure of it. Harry has never admired anyone more than he does her. He's never felt such intense feeling of respect and sincerity. So why can't he trust her? He knows that from his past experiences in relationships or with his "friends" in general, the word 'trust' was empty to its meaning, for the people he actually trusted and put faith in, broke every promise made and took back every word once given to him. Of course not all of them were like that, but they were just the right amount to make him change his point of view on certain aspects of life.

After so many years of mistrust and back-stabbing from those who were supposed to love him and be there for him through every step of the way, Harry has unintentionally grown suspicious and doubtful to every situation and person he met. He didn't mean to but who could blame him? He had gotten hurt so many times, he felt as though he had to do something about it, and, (un)fortunately — he really doesn't know — he had. He's changed. No, not to the degree no one would recognize him anymore. No. But his brain and his heart chose to keep a safe distant from the people that came into his life, so if they were to hurt him, it wouldn't hurt as bad. Or at least, that's what he thought.

To Harry's dismay, Y/N wasn't oblivious to any of it. She was catching up onto how Harry would always shut her out when he was upset, or how there were times he'd spend days off the radar without telling her anything that'd explain his absence.

Although Harry's a smart kid, and rationally speaking he knows Y/N is too kind for the world to purposely harm him or anyone else, he just can't bring his heart around it. His brain knows he can trust her. After all, she's been nothing but reliable, good and kind to him. She never gave him any reasons to doubt her. However, his heart had been broken and deceived one too many times. He couldn't possibly force himself to trust somebody. That's not how things work and he knows it.

Y/N was becoming aware that Harry did not, by any means, trust her. At all. And it hurt a whole damn lot to know that the person you trust most doesn't trust you back.

And she really did. Trusting him was as easy as the blink of an eye for her. Harry has always been kind and considerate towards her feelings, always respecting them. He never invalidated any of her emotions. Y/N was so delicate and precious to his eyes, he feared breaking her trust with every fiber in his body. He was well aware of the importance trust has and he also knew how much it meant to give someone else your trust.

Although she adores him dearly, she absolutely and utterly hates how he never shares his true self with her. Not that she thinks he's fake, not at all. She knows he's one of the most genuine person to ever set foot on earth. Metaphorically speaking, to her, he's a big, vast ocean, in which both of them are floating in the surface of the water, instead of diving in and submerging in his true colors and seeing all the beautiful and the not-so-beautiful things too. And the best part? She wants to get to know exactly who he is deep inside. Harry has always fascinated and intrigued her in such way that not even she can explain it. She wants to get to know exactly how his heart looks like and know who hurt him this bad he refused to let you see him; through him. But Harry neglects her of every sort of emotional contact that goes deeper than his liking towards her, any form of contact with anything that's within his heart deep down, whether they're his insecurities, fears or even his sadness. Hell, she knows he's not perfect —nobody is— and not for a second that's what she expects from him.