Come To Bed

"Baaaby," Harry whines, head flopping down onto his girlfriend's lap dramatically, curls splaying onto her thighs as she sighs.

"Haarry," she halfheartedly mocks his tone, knowing she should probably get back to finishing the essay that was due at midnight in twenty five minutes, but also couldn't ignore the longing that tugged at her heart as she heard his voice and felt his presence.

"'m sleepy," he croons, staring up at her with wide, bright green eyes. his lips stare up at her in an 'o' shape, giggles falling out of his mouth as he notes she's upside down. "you're pretty from here, too. why are you so pretty?"

"then sleep," y/n answers, ignoring answering the awed compliments he'd been giving her, although the butterflies in her stomach did pleasantly applaud at the man laying on her.

"don't wanna without you," he mumbles, "come to bed. i miss you."

y/n sighs again, this time out of endearment as her hands leave the keyboard and the air feels foreign for a while, like it always seems to after spending lots of time writing. they tangle themselves in his locks of wavy hair, and her heart warms as he hums happily as her nails scratch against his scalp, gently.

he moves a little sloppily, so his face is flush against her stomach and his lips are positioned warmly just at where the butterflies swarm.

"please come t'bed," he repeats, pushing his cherry lips into a pout, needy and rubbing his face against her soft abdomen like a purring cat.

she knows that it's probably not a great idea to edit so late at night and that she was such a perfectionist, she'd end up working past the deadline, anyways. besides, the professor probably wouldn't check her inbox until later in the morning, and so y/n could finish it up before she'd have to confront her in her afternoon class.

plus, there was also a very handsome man who had waited up for her patiently, and was now delirious, begging her to come to bed while he rolled around in her lap attractively. and he also just happened to love her very much. and she also just happened to love him back.

"let's go."

his eyes light up at the words, a smile stretching at his lips, causing the dimples in the corners of his mouth to appear.

"really?" he sounds like a child on Christmas Day, and it tugs at her heart once more in an unspeakable, indescribable way.

"yes. come on, you big baby."

"'m your baby," he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, and she laughs, leaning down to capture his lips in a kiss.