A Cute Tummy

When it came to pregnancy pounds, you weren't the only one the conversation applied to. Harry had managed to put on a bit of baby weight as well.

In the beginning of your pregnancy, Harry'd tried his best to keep you both on a healthy diet that had little space for junk and fast food. He was determined to always put his best foot forward when it came to keeping you and the baby healthy. And he was able to successfully keep his little family on a clean and healthy diet for the first four months of your baby journey. But once the five month mark of your pregnancy hit, all of that was completely thrown out the window. Your already haywire hormones mixed with your now haywire cravings was something that Harry couldn't handle. He was still able to get you to eat a healthy salad and some fruits and vegetables, but there was a bit of a battle involved.

Whenever the thing you were craving the most wasn't in the house, you'd get so sad. So sad to the point of you suddenly bursting into tears at times. This prompted Harry to stock up on those items so that you'd be happy, even if they weren't exactly the healthiest things in the world. He would even go as far as to get up in the middle of the night when you softly woke him up to go out and get the pizza or the burger and fries you wanted. He'd pick himself up out of the warm bed that he was once cuddling with you in, get himself dressed, and take a little drive to the shops to pick up some food for you. And when he placed the order, he'd even throw in something for himself. Harry quickly realized that whenever he brought you something to eat, he had to eat as well. Whenever he didn't get something for himself, you'd start to feel really bad for making him get out of bed just to get you something you wanted. You also felt bad because you were also making Harry break his own healthy food rule to satisfy your cravings.

And Harry didn't like that at all.

Even though he wasn't a big fan of getting out of his very comfy bed in the middle of the night, he'd never pass up on doing it for you. Harry's inability to say no to you wasn't just because he didn't like it when you were sad or seeing you cry. He also went out of his way to make you happy because you were doing so much for him. You were carrying his child. So Harry felt that the least he could do was get up out of bed and get you what you wanted or let you indulge a bit in your unhealthy foods.

Now Harry's baby weight gain wasn't just due to the pattern of eating whenever you ate. It was also due to Harry's presence, or lack thereof, at the gym. And it was only two floors away. Normally, he'd get up early to head down to his home gym to have his regular morning work out. But as you progressed through your pregnancy, you'd been enjoying and yearning for more and more cuddles. You'd cling onto him in the mornings and snuggle up to him even more as stirred when he woke up and began to mentally prepare to work out. You'd be so warm and adorable that Harry couldn't just rip himself from your arms to go and workout. So he'd forgo his morning routine to spend more time with you. And to be completely honest, Harry wouldn't have it any other way. If getting out of bed at night to get food was a struggle, getting up in the morning to work out would be even worse.

So with your cravings and Harry's decision to take a pause in his workouts, it was pretty inevitable for him to put on a couple pounds. But for Harry, it was one thing to know that and another to see it. It'd been two months since your cravings went crazy and about 3 months since his last workout. In that time, Harry'd gained a bit of weight and a pretty big insecurity about it.

While you were in the nursery folding up some of the onesies your parents had bought for bubs, Harry decided to hop in the shower. After standing under the hot water for a good thirty minutes, Harry turns the water off and wraps his towel around his waist before heading back into the bedroom to get dressed. As he makes his way over to grab some clothes from the dresser, he looks over into the mirror and sees it. He looks at his reflection to see his once toned stomach poking out. He hadn't fully entered the status of dad yet and he already had the body for it. Harry didn't mind being soft and squishy, but he'd never been this soft and squishy. He'd gotten so caught up in examining the little pooch that was clinging to his lower abdomen that he didn't even notice you waddle your way into the room.

"What's wrong baby?" You ask concernedly. You had to get down to why your husband had such a downcast look on his face.

"M'fine sweets." Harry whispers, turning his head from the mirror to send you a soft smile.

"No your not. And it's not nice to not share with your pregnant wife." You reply matter of factly, turning your head slightly to the side to emphasize your point.

"S'just-" Harry begins, pausing for a moment to gather his thoughts. "It's just that my body's not the same as it was a couple months ago." Harry explains sorrowfully.

"Ditto." You chuckle, motioning down to your now seven month old belly that was resting in your lap.

"Exactly! And I don't wanna talk about it because your situation is far more important than mine." Harry replies, attempting to put an end to the conversation and dismiss his feelings. But you weren't having it.

"Harry..." You begin, trying to lift yourself up from your position on the edge of the bed to go over to him.

"Don't get up!" Harry coos urgently, quickly shuffling over to stop you.

"Harry, no problem of yours is insignificant. Yes I'm pregnant. But that doesn't mean that you're any less important. I may be carrying this baby, but you helped make it. And with that being said, you have a right to voice your feelings. So tell me what's going on." You reason with him. As you did this, you wrapped your slightly swollen hands around his. You really wanted him to know that his feelings mattered.

"I guess m'just a bit insecure about my tummy." Harry whispers, continuing to hold onto your hands in front of you.

"Well I love your tummy and I think it's cute." You say pointedly up to him with a wide smile.

"Really?!" Harry asks surprisedly.

"Yes! I think it's very cute and you do not need to doubt that at all." You continue, making sure that Harry fully understands your stance on this tummy. "And once our bubby finally comes, all three of us will match. We'll all have cute little tummies." Y/n says confidently.

"Bubs' tummy will be cuter though." Harry pouts.

"Of course, baby tummies are the cutest things in the world! But yours will still be cute." You whisper, making sure to send Harry a little wink.

"Thanks baby." Harry hums, leaning down to press a quick kiss to your lips before making his way over to the dresser to finally get dressed.

"Do you like daddy's tummy bubby?" You whisper to your stomach, smoothing your hand down and around your bump to feel any movement from the baby. "Well she didn't kick, but she did move around a little bit. So that could be yes!" You announce excitedly, causing Harry to let out a loud laugh, which further resulted in bubs moving around even more. With her, Harry definitely had nothing to worry about when it came to his tummy.

Harry's baby weight gain wasn't the most ideal situation for him. But if gaining his own amount of baby weight meant that you were able to be happy and just glide through your pregnancy the way you deserved, he'd gain all the weight in the world. Plus matching with you and bubs doesn't sound that bad either.