Starstruck

"Harry, this is literally the 20th time you've watched this movie."

"It's actually the 25th time, but good guess Niall."

The three boys groan audibly, as their curly haired friend holds the remote out of their reach and exclaims, "Hey! This is my favorite movie okay!"

Louis is the first of the three boys to stop reaching up and trying to grab the remote out of Harry's hand. He raises his hands in surrender, "I'm a dad now so I'm not going to get into any fights over what to watch. Just let Harry watch Y/N topless. C'mon lads, get it over with, shall we?"

Harry's jaw drops, as if in mock-offence. "I do not watch this movie just to see Y/N topless."

"Just to see?" Niall laughs. "That means you still watch this movie to see her naked."

"Lads, stop making fun of Harry's choice of porn!" Liam cracks up and Harry's cheeks blossom red.

"It's not porn!" Harry yells over their roars of laughter. "It's Silver Linings Playbook! And there is just one brief scene where Y/N happens to be naked in it..."

The boys continue laughing, and Niall even doubles over. He chokes out, "You're obsessed with her, Harry!"

Harry pretends to play with his hair to hide his too-red face, "I'm not obsessed with her. This is just my favourite movie. And she happens to be in it."

"Happens happens happens," Louis sing-songs. "Bullshit."

Liam nods, "What about all those DVDs with her movies sitting on the counter over there? She just happens to be in them, too?"

Lou walks in the room and frowns at the laughing boys. She takes one look at the television screen and sighs, as if understanding. "Harry, you know all you have to do is tell the media that you fancy her and you'll be dating her in a bit, right?"

"What if she doesn't know me? What if she doesn't even want to date me? What if–"

Niall shakes his head and throws a phone at him. "Nothing can be worse right now than you sitting here for another month, drooling over her on the other side of the screen. Call TMZ or something and admit you like her."

"Okay," Harry's fingers nervously enter the number of one of the biggest gossip sites. "Hello? I'm Harry Styles and I would like your help. Can you inform Y/N Y/L/N that I fancy her? And that I would love to get to know her over a cup of coffee?"

A few days later he get a call.

"Hello?" Harry answer tiredly, having just gotten up from a twelve-hour sleep. "Who is this?"

"It's Jeff, and you need to turn on your TV right now."

He furrows his eyebrows, rubbing his eyes, "What? Mate, I just woke up."

"Turn on your TV right now!"

"Alright, alright," Harry swings his legs over his bed and fast-walks to his living room and switches it on. He didn't know what channel Jeff told him to see, and he switches between the entertainment ones until he sees something that catches his eye.

It was Y/N Y/L/N on James Corden. Live.

"Nice one, Jeff," he says into his phone, and then groaning when he realizes that his friend had already hung up. He were confused on why Jeff wanted him to watch this–he has seen Y/N numerous times before on television.

That is, until he heard what they were talking about.

"Harry Styles, huh?" James smirks and Harry's attention clicked into place. Why were they talking about him? Who brought it up? Y/N knew he existed??

He watches Y/N blush and he felt a smile tug at his lips. She was so goddamn adorable. "I mean, he's really hot, so you can't blame me." –Cue audience laughter as well as Harry's cheeks heating up in tandem– "But my manager also told me that he called and wanted to meet up or something and I've been meaning to respond! I really have! But I'm so nervous and shy and I didn't even know he existed!"

James jokingly rolls his eyes and the audience laughs, "Y/N. I know Harry quite well and I, as well as the rest of the world, knows that he's completely obsessed with you. Hey, here's a fantastic idea, why don't you call him right now and see how he reacts?"

The audience cheers and chants: Call him! Call him!

Y/N's embarrassment was practically radiating off of the television screen and Harry could not but hold his cellphone in hand, both nervous and excited. Y/N exclaims, "Okay! Okay! I'll call him, stop yelling at me!"

Harry watches as her fingers fumble while pulling out her iPhone and dialling a number. Was it his number? How did she get it? Did her manager give it to her?

Before he could let his mind wander further, his phone suddenly buzzed in his hand. He shifts back in shock, even though he knew this was coming. But there was a difference between knowing and actually seeing it happen.

He steadied his breathing before he picked up. He saw on the screen that James had made Y/N put her phone on speaker and it was sitting right beside an open microphone.

"Hello?" Harry answers confidently and he clamps a hand over his mouth, preventing a laugh from escaping as he watches Y/N squirm nervously in her seat.

"Hi, is this Harry Styles?" Y/N asks, biting her bottom lip. James almost dies from silent-laughter beside her. "This is Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N?"

"Yes, hello," Harry blushes. "I would love to talk, but maybe some other time? When you're not on live television?"

Y/N's jaw drops, as well as James and the audience snickers. "Oh! I'm so sorry and yes I will most definitely be calling you. Once I get off of this show. Sorry!"

Harry hangs up and turns off his TV, not needing to see nor hear her to know that he's got her.