First Encounter

I plugged in my earplugs, stepping up onto the treadmill and hit the start button. With a loud beep, the treadmill started to push and I began to slowly walk. The hotels gym was busy today, it had taken me 15 minutes to get a treadmill. I didn't pay much attention to anyone around, my mind zoned in on finishing my work out. The speed kicked up on the treadmill and I began to slowly jog, mouthing the words to the song I was listening to. I finally looked up to look around once I was stable with the speed of the machine, when I saw him in front of me. Watching me as he quickly took a sip of his water, while still keeping his sprinting pace. We both kept our eyes locked before I cleared my throat and looked back down.

Harry Styles.

If I were a bigger fan, I would have probably had a heart attack. I did like some of their songs but I felt like I was too old to be boy band obsessed. I had seen mobs of screaming savage girls whenever they came to New York, it was insane. After 45 minutes and a cool down my treadmill came to a halt. With one final glance at Harry, our eyes connected for the 6th time I smiled politely before hopping off, grabbing my water bottle in one hand and swinging my towel over my shoulder. I pulled my spandex shorts a bit to relieve the massive wedgie I had as discreetly as I could. I didn't want to walk away and have him looking at my butt eating my shorts. I went into the locker room to grab my stuff, running the towel over my face and neck and taking a swig of water I walked towards the elevator. The doors were about to close when I sprinted full speed and risked my arm getting amputated, the doors immediately opened back up. I looked up to see Harry leaning against the wall looking down at his phone, his foot crossed to his right side in front of his other leg. He looked up at me and rose his eyebrows at me, smirking. I shyly looked down again clutching onto my water a bit tighter.

"What floor?" His deep voice startled me, snapping my head up and over to him.

"Erm, penthouse."

He rose his eyebrows yet again, leaning forward to press the button.

"We're practically neighbors."

I smiled before looking down.

"Harry." He extended his arm out, I looked back up at him and took it shaking it firmly.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled, shaking my head.

"What is it that you do?" He asked, putting his phone away

"Business management, I'm here for a short visit." I responded

"Ah, you're from?"

"Los Angeles. And you?" Dumb question. I knew.

"I live in London." He smiled, "Say, are you busy by chance?"

"Actually, I'm running late for a meeting." I looked down at my watch

"Too bad, needed a friend to go out to lunch."

I laughed a bit, "Well, friend. I get off at 8. Dinner at 9?"

He looked over at me, smiling. "Deal."

—————-

"HARRY!" I yelled as he came through the passageway to the baggage claim in LAX,

He grinned, his glasses covering his eyes. He quickly put his bottle of juice down and opened his arms to catch me as I ran to him, jumping on top of him and wrapping my legs around him.

"Well how are you my love? Seems to me that our first encounters include running of some sort" He chuckled, looking up at me and kissing me quickly.

I grinned "I've missed you."

"And I you, but I'm here now. What's first on the agenda?" He set me down, kissing me again and grabbed my hand.

Harry and I were now celebrating our 2 year anniversary, and it was his turn to fly to LA to celebrate it.