drivers license-a.a

y/n=your name
l/n=last name
stream drivers license 💜
heads up, this is kinda sad ngl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about

I knocked excitedly on the apartment door and waited for the door to open. A big smile displayed on my face as I hold a small card between my fingers. The door opens and on the other side is Penelope.

"Hey y/n, good to see you come in." She says and stands aside and opens the door wider for me.

"Hi Penelope, I have exciting news." I say and hold up my drivers license. Her eyes widen and she smiles widely and takes it from my hands to look at it.

"Wow this is great! Papito! Come look at this." She says and calls Alex.

"What's up?" Alex says as he walks into the living. "Oh hey y/n didn't know you were coming over." He says and walks over to us.

"Yeah I just wanted to show you guys something." I say. Penelope hands him my drivers license and his eyes widen when he grabs it.

"Geesh, finally." He says and pulls me in for a hug. I smile widely and wrap my arms around him.

"Look at that, 'y/n l/n, with your cute little picture and everything." He says and laughs slightly.

'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house

I walk out my house and head to my car, unlocking it and putting my backpack in the backseat. I get in the front seat and turn my car on. I sit there for a while and wait for the car the heat up a bit since it was a bit chilly this morning. Once its good I send a quick text to Alex to let him know I'm on my way. I place my phone on the cupholder and reverse out of my driveway and make the short drive to his place.

A few minutes later I pull up outside the apartment complex and see Alex standing there on his phone. I pull up next to him and roll down the window.

"Get in loser." I say and smile at him. He looks up from his phone slightly confused but then when he notices its me he smiles back.

"A nicer hello would have been nice you know." He says as he gets in the car and puts his backpack in the backseat.

"I know but I couldn't miss the opportunity to say that." I say and laugh slightly.

"Whatever, drive before we're late." Alex says pointing forward.

But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

Driving past his street felt weird now. I was so used to stopping in front of the apartment complex and waiting for him to come out.

It was such a habit of mine to drive by and pick him up everyday before school, that after everything happened, I would still drive by there thinking that I was going to pick him up.

When I realized that he didn't need me anymore and that driving by there was no use anymore, I couldn't help but let tears fill up my eyes and run down my face.

Wiping the tears away with my hand, I took a deep breath took the turn to go to school.

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about

I lay on my bed on a Friday night, bored out of my mind.

My phone laying beside me, full of messages from my friends, but not from who I wanted them to be from.

I let out a sigh and pick up my phone, expecting to see a message pop up from Alex asking me to come over to his house and hang out. It's what we always did on Friday's.

But not anymore. He's probably with that blonde from our math class.

She's so perfect and beautiful, she's everything I'm insecure about. (an: dont ever compare yourself to other people okay? you are beautiful)

And all my friends are tired
Of hearing how much I miss you, but
I kinda feel sorry for them
'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do, yeah

"Y/n I know you've heard us say this countless times, but you got to get over him." One of my friends says as we sit at lunch together.

I look at them and shake my head and look down at my food.

"Look we love you and we want what's best for you, please just listen to us on this." Another one says.

"You guys are just saying that because you're tired of me talking about him." I say.

"Yeah quite frankly we are, we don't want to keep hearing about some guy that broke our friends heart. We don't want you stay hung on him forever." Another says speaking up.

"Whatever I don't want to talk about this anymore." I say and eat my lunch, hoping they change the topic.

Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to go to
'Cause I still fuckin' love you, babe

I sit in my car waiting for the light to turn green, drumming my fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music playing.

The light turns green and I step on the accelerator. As I drive by the busy street, I remember the many times Alex and I would run through these streets to get to a froyo shop. I turn and for a split second my eyes catches the froyo shop. My heart clenches and I remember the many times Alex and I went there.

How could it be a month later and I still love him?

Yeah, you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
liz speaks!!
sorry for the bad ending and sad imagine, I was in my feels :(
hope you all enjoyed it and liked it :)
thank you so much for 55.5k reads! it's an angel number 555, so thank you my angels ❤️
keep reading and keep voting!
special announcement, I am in the works of starting a new book. I am really excited about it and i'm excited for you all to read it! it's still very much in the works and not ready yet but just wanted to let you all know

take care, stay safe, wear a mask.
I love you all <3

much love xx