summer love(pt.1)-m.r

y/n=your name
y/m/n=your moms name

enjoy :) also thought I would reiterate that in any of the past and future imagines I put out the pandemic will not be a thing unless I say so other wise. stay safe loves <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

I'm woken up by my mom shaking me.

"Y/N, wake up. We're about to land and you need to put your seatbelt back on." She says and nudges me again.

I let out a sigh and stretch slightly in my seat before putting my seatbelt back on. I take off my headphones and pause the music on my phone. Opening the blind to the window I see the sun shining brightly. I squint my eyes at the sudden light. My eyes soon adjust to the light and I can see the clouds, the ocean, and our destination.

"Flight 125 to Puerto Rico is about to land. Everyone please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing." The flight attendant says over the intercom.

I let out a sigh as I lean back into my seat.

"Are you excited for the summer?" My mom says and smiles at me.

"Yeah still can't believe we're doing this." I say and chuckle lightly.

My mom's job had offered her an opportunity to work in Puerto Rico for the whole summer. It's a big opportunity for her so she took it. My dad and younger sibling(s) couldn't come so it's just my mom and I for the next few months. I obviously said yes since my summer was probably going to be spent indoors since my friend was also going to be gone most of the summer.

The plane soon lands on the airstrip. I begin putting things up on my backpack that I brought with me on the plane. The plane comes to a stop and we are let know that we can now stand up and begin exiting once we are ready. My mom and I decide to wait until most people are out of the plane since we know how people can get when they want to get off.

Once we see that a good amount of people have gotten off, we decide to get off. My mom gets out of the seat first, and then I follow. I swing my backpack on and we walk off the plane. The captain and flight attendants are standing by the door smiling and seeing off all the passengers. We pass by them and I offer them a small smile. My mom and I walk off and head down the hallway and into the airport.

"Okay so baggage claim is this way so lets go." She says and I follow after her.

We follow the directions to baggage claim and get there fairly quickly. We wait until we see our suitcases come down the machine. I see my two suitcases and quickly try and get them off. Once I have my two suitcases we wait for my moms, which isn't long. Once we have her suitcases we head out and order an uber to take us to our Airbnb.

"It's so beautiful here." I say as I look out the airport window.

"Yeah it's gorgeous." My mom says and also looks out the window.

About 10 minutes later our uber arrives and we make our journey to the Airbnb. On our way there I look out the window. Taking in all of the beautiful sights of Puerto Rico. My eyes bounce all over the place, not knowing where to look. People walk along the sidewalks, going about their day like normally.

We turn onto the street where our Airbnb is located. I continue looking out the window and I see a guy walking out what seemed to be his house. He squints as the sun bothers his eyes. He looks away from the sun and we make eye contact for a split second. (imagine it like those movie scenes when they make eye contact and everything slows down, according to them lol)

We continue driving the street and I am left wondering who that guy was. He was really cute. Soon we reach the Airbnb which is a few houses down from where I saw the cute guy.