insecurities-a.a

y/n=your name
h/l=hair length
h/c= hair color
this chapter is dedicated to all of my lovely readers. I love you all and I hope you all know you are amazing💖🤍💖
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

When Alex and I started dating it surprised everyone. And they did not try to hide it.

At first it started off with people looking at us weird in the hallways. A simple glance our way as we walked down the hall hand in hand. An occasional whisper here and there. Later on they became more vocal about it.

"You see that girl right there? The one a few lockers down from me? She's dating Alex." A girl said.

"Alex Alvarez? How did she pull a hottie like Alex Alvarez?" Another girl said emphasizing the "she".

"I have no idea, he probably feels sorry for her. I mean who wouldn't when she looks like that." The other said. At this point I had heard enough and slammed my locker shut and started walking down the hallway pretty fast.

Not wanting to be in school anymore, I headed towards one of the exits. It was last period anyways, missing one class wouldn't affect me. As I make my way to one of the exits I pass by Alex and his friends and don't acknowledge him. He notices me pass by and says a quick goodbye to his friends and walks to catch up to me.

"Hey hey, babe, y/n, where are you going your last class is the other way." Alex says and grabs my arm to stop me from walking away further.

"I'm goin home, I don't feel good." I say and avoid eye contact with him.

"What's wrong? Do you need to go to the nurse? Can I help in anyway?" Alex says, a look of concern written on his face.

"I just don't feel good and I don't want to be at school anymore, that's it." I say and shrug my shoulders.

"Then i'll come with you, maybe I can make you feel better." Alex says and reaches up to push my hair behind my ear and gives me a small smile.

"No you should stay here and go to your last class, i'll be fine." I say and give him a tight-lipped smile.

"Babe why are you acting so weird. You don't just skip a class because you don't feel good, I know how you are and this is so unlike you." Alex says now even more confused.

"Just let me go home Alex okay. We can talk later." I snap at him. I didn't mean to, but the whole situation had ticked me off and I was seconds away from bursting into tears.

"Okay then, i'll see you later." Alex says, a sad look on his face. He turns away from me walks down the hall with his hands in his pockets. I let out a sigh and turn towards the exit. I reach the door and open it and make my way out of the school and towards the direction of my home.

As I walk home I can't help but think about why Alex is with me. I'm just a regular girl, with no interesting features. Those girls are right, Alex should be with someone better than me, someone who is beautiful and carefree about the world.

I snap back into reality and realize I am a few houses away from mine. I also realize I had started crying. I reach up and wipe away some tears and speed up my pace to get home faster.

I reach my home and quickly open the door with my key and close the door behind me. I run to my room and shut my door. I throw my backpack to the side and begin to take off my school uniform and put on some athletic shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Once changed I lay down on my bed and finally let out all the tears I had been holding in for so long.

I don't know how long I cried for, but I cried until I tired myself out and just laid there. Dried tears were down my face and neck. I didn't bother to clean them off. The sound of my phone ringing catches me off guard and pulls me out of a trance. I sit up and reach for my phone that was at the end of my bed.