our future-a.a

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

*February*

As soon as I saw the envelope in between the other mail, I snatched it up and ran out the door. I make the similar trek to Alex's apartment, the envelope still clutched in between my hands. I reach the door and knock multiple times. The door opens revealing Alex with a confused look on his face, but that soon fades when he sees that its only me.

"It came in the mail today." I say and push past him and enter the apartment.

"Have you opened it?" He asks and closes the door and then turns to me.

"No, as soon as I saw it I grabbed it and came straight here." I say, my palms starting to sweat already.

"Well what are you waiting for, open it!" Alex says and rubs his hands together.

Alex and I had both applied to a university that was in the city. He had already gotten his acceptance letter. I hadn't heard anything until now.

"Before I open it, if it says I didn't get in-" I start to say but Alex interrupts me.

"What are you talking about, you're getting in there's no questioning it." He says.

"Let me finish. We don't know what this letter says okay. Just promise me that if I didn't get in, you will still go to school there." I say and hold my pinky out.

"I can't do tha-" He says and this time I interrupt him.

"Please, I don't want to be the reason you miss out on such a great opportunity." I say, still holding out my pinky.

"Fine, I promise." He says and interlocks our fingers.

We let go and I finally get to opening the letter. I tear one side of the envelope and take out the folded letter. I unfold it and skim through the letter until I read one sentence.

Congratulations on your admission to California State University!

"I got in!" I say and look up to Alex while jumping up and down

"You got in! Oh my god I told you you would get in babe!" He says and also starts jumping with me. After we stop jumping he pulls me in for a hug. As we hug we sway slightly due to our excitement.

At this point the rest of his family had walked in and seen us hugging.

"Woah what's with all the hugging." Penelope asks as she sets her bag down on the couch. Alex and I separate and turn to look at them.

"I got into University." I say and hold up the letter.

"Oh my god congratulations!" They all say and come over to hug me. It soon turns into a big group hug and some tears are shed on Penelope's behalf.

"Oh god, I didn't mean to get emotional but I just can't help but think that the two little kids that would spend hours playing at the park are now going off to college." She says and wipes away a few tears.

"Come on mom, you knew this day was coming." Alex says.

"I know, just didn't think it would come this quick." She says.

"Well I say this calls for a celebration. Lets go out for dinner!" Lydia says and claps her hands together.

We all cheer and head out the apartment to let my parents know about it too.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

*Two Months Later*