nightmare-a.a

Start writing your story

y/n= your name
h/l= hair length
h/c= hair color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV

I jolt awake, gasping for air. I feel my hair sticking to my neck and my over sized shirt also sticking to my sweaty body. I stand up straighter trying to get my breathing back to normal.

Turning to my bedside table I grab my phone to check the time. I squint my eyes at the bright light blinding my eyes momentarily.

"2:45 AM"

I sigh and fall back into bed. I throw my blanket of my body to try and cool down. These nightmares have been happening more recent now and it's always the same thing every time. I lay on my bed while staring up at the ceiling.

Once i'm cooled down I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep. I lay there for 10 minutes, just tossing and turning. I eventually give up and reach over for my phone to call the one person who knows about these nightmares. Alex. My boyfriend.

I go to my contacts and find his right away. My thumb hovers over it for a few seconds, debating whether or not to call him. I click the little phone icon and put my phone to my ear. I hear the dial tone a couple of times and as i'm about to hang up I hear a voice through the speaker.

"Hello?" Alex says, his voice a few octaves deeper than normal because of sleep.

"Hi, i'm sorry to wake you" I say quietly.

"It's fine, why are you calling it's 3 AM we both should be asleep" He says.

"I know it's just I had another nightmare and I can't seem to fall back asleep, I sound so dumb right now don't I? Ugh I shouldn't have called you. I'm just gonna hang up and let you sleep" I ramble on and on until Alex cuts me off.

"You had another nightmare? Was it the same thing?" He asks.

I nod my head even though he can't see me.

"Yeah" I say my voice cracking slightly.

"Come over" Alex says.

"Are you crazy?! How am I going to get past your mom?" I ask.

"We just have to be really quiet, come on I can't go back to sleep knowing you aren't okay" he says. I stay quiet for a moment, clearly thinking this through. I then say.

"Fine, I'll be there in 5 minutes" I say and start getting out of bed.

"Text me when your outside, see ya" he says.

"I will" I say and hang up.

I turn on my LED lights to have some light in my room. I stand in front of my vanity and reach for a hair tie to pull my hair back. I grab the first one I see and pull my h/l h/c hair into the messiest bun ever. I turn around and slip on my slippers and grab my phone. I turn off my lights and then head out.

I carefully open my door and close it back. I take long strides to the front door and open it slowly. I quickly slip out and close the door behind me. I lean against it and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I walk towards the elevators and push the 'up' button. The elevator opens and I get in clicking the number to Alex's floor.

I arrive there pretty fast and head over to his door. I send him a quick text, letting him know i'm outside. My phone vibrates in my hand and I look down seeing a message from Alex.

Lover <3

"on my way"

I stand outside, patiently waiting for him to open the door. I hear someone fidgeting with the lock, the door slowly opens and Alex peeks his head out. I smile at him and he smiles back. He pulls one arm out and pulls me into the apartment. He closes the door quietly and then turns to me.

"Hey ba-" I start to say but Alex cuts me off by putting a finger on my lips and points towards the curtain. I nod my head slowly and realize what he means. He grabs my hand and pulls me to his room. We soon get to his room and I immediately sit on his bed and wait for him to close the door. He finally turns to me and sits beside me on his bed. He grabs my hands and starts to play with my fingers, knowing how much I like that.

"Wanna talk about it?" Alex asks and looks up from our hands.

"Not really. Maybe later." I say and also look up at him.

"Alright that's fine with me, wanna lay down?" Alex asks and gestures to his bed. I nod my head and crawl into his bed. He gets in after me and wraps one arm around my waist, pulling me even more close to his chest. The size of his bed leaves us no choice but to be really close together, which I of course don't mind one bit.

I move my head around the pillow to try and get into a more comfortable position. Once I do, I close my eyes and let out a breath.

"Goodnight baby, i'll be here when you wake up" Alex says and kisses my head. I smile and bring his hand up and place a kiss on it.

"Goodnight my love" I say and slowly drift into a peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

liz speaks!!

hello my lovelies :) very late update but I wasn't doing anything so I was like "hey I should update"
this idea came to me randomly while I was in school, so I decided to write it.
funny thing actually is that I almost deleted the whole thing xD i'm dumb but I was able to save it before.
WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 3K WOOOHOO
keep reading and keep voting!!
much love xx

 WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 3K WOOOHOOkeep reading and keep voting!!much love xx