The Fair

Two days seemed to take forever but here we finally are! At the fair. Brianna picked me up with our secret signalling code — the flashing lights of her car letting me know she was there. So, I did what I previously did, climbed down that old pipe and ran to her car.

It's now 6pm. The darkness of the night is closing in, as the daylight fades and moves towards the other half of the world. The boys haven't arrived yet, but we already paid our entry fees and came in.

There's so many lights and laughter all around me. I've never been to such an extraordinary place in my entire life. The music, rides, smiles, food and social life given to every age group. It's such a beautiful thing to be part of.

I can smell so many different types of foods. From freshly coated chocolate donuts, to popcorn, to proper cooked meals and much more.

As I was admiring the place and Brianna was distracting herself by eating what she told me to be candyfloss, Dylan came from behind me.

"Good evening Principessa", he greeted whilst hugging me. I turned around and put my arms around his neck embracing him back, shortly.

"Hey Dylan", I greet enjoying the proximity of our bodies. I barely know him but it feels right. I know I'm not in a relationship with him but I enjoy these little hugs, and the considerate things he says to me.

"Matty!" Brianna practically screamed throwing her candyfloss in the air and jumping on him. Dylan and I chuckled along with Mateo. "Hey there little one", he warmly said holding her.

"We're also here lovebirds", said Lorenzo motioning to his twin, Antonio and Luca. Brianna and I, gave each other a knowing look and nodded. We left Dylan and Mateo, running and giving a group hug to the boys. "You guys have three seconds", stated Dylan eyeing the boys.

"Three", Mateo started to count.

"Two"

"One"

At the last second the boys released us. Bri and I, looked at them amusingly. "Sorry Principessa but–"

"But they were holding on for too long", said Mateo finishing Dylan's sentence.

Brianna and I, playfully rolled our eyes, and looked around us. "Let's get food I'm so hungry", suggested Lorenzo. "Yes! Please, I'm going to die soon if I don't", said Leo dramatically. "You and Enzo are always hungry, I want to go on the rides", complained Brianna.

"Boys, you guys go eat. We'll go on the rides with the girls", concluded Mateo followed by a nod from Dylan. We all agreed. We spent the next 40 minutes buying tickets and going on rides. I dug into my savings from the ice cream place to spend today. I need to find another job soon. However, Dylan and Mateo insisted on paying for us.

At 7:00pm, we came looking for the boys to find the twins eating, and Antonio chatting up two brunettes with Luca.

We decided to leave them to enjoy themselves. Mateo and Brianna went somewhere, leaving Dylan and I alone. We found a spot away from everyone, separated with a building inbetween us and the stalls.

The only thing to be heard, was the music that played from the distance. We walked and found somewhere to sit. There wasn't any lights. It was just dark and empty. There was a bench surrounded by many trees with a little stone table by it.

"Want to sit with me, Madelyn?"

I miss him calling me beautiful or 'principessa'. I looked at him and replied. "Sure".

We sat down on the cold bench. Silence and peacefulness lingered in the air we inhaled. I looked to Dylan to see him looking down, kicking stones in the sand with his black sneakers. I watched him do that until he broke the silence.

"I love being here with you. It's like I've never been like this with anyone. I'm myself with you. I love doing things with you, going out to places with you. At school, things are so different and limited. But tonight, here, I see a different side to you. A side I enjoy." I smiled warmly at his words.

"I love being here too. This is the first time I've gone out freely and just been so content and happy. I don't want today to end. I don't want this night to ever end." At that last sentence, I seem to have caught his attention. He looked at me intensely. "I don't want it to end either."

With that he moved closer and hugged me. It was a type of hug that we needed. That slowed down everything surrounding us. He let go and looked at me, focusing on my eyes. Moving closer, he kissed my cheek.

A thousand surges of energy passed through me. It felt so indescribable. Like magic. I put my hands on his face, bringing him in slowly. I kissed him, feeling his lips. It wasn't warm. It was cool, neutral but so soothing and soft.

He moved his hands from his lap, to my waist holding me and pulling me closer. Our lips moulded perfectly. I've never felt anything like this, I've been kissed before but it never felt like this.

I felt him. I could only feel him. Everything he felt, I felt and I knew it. It's like we became one. We didn't know what to do or how, but the kiss itself just fell into place.

A mystical connection. Unexplainable but inviting. We pulled away, just looking at each other. Still in breath but consumed in buzzing thoughts.

When we checked the time, it was 8:45pm on Dylan's phone. "Let's go look for everybody, Principessa", Dylan suggested. We got up from the bench and walked back to the noisy and loud atmosphere.

The boys were with Brianna and Mateo, all talking and laughing. As we approached them, Luca questioned us. "Hey guys, where were you?" I looked down to avoid giving any sort of answer.

"We found a spot and stayed there just talking. It was so peaceful." Dylan responded. "That's so cute, but Mads and I — we need to really get going. Mads, you ready?", asked Bri. I wanted to say no.

"Yeah, off course", I replied. I told everyone bye, hugging them all, Dylan a little longer than everybody else. We walked to the parking lot, got in the car and drove to my house in absolute comfortable silence with music playing.

I got home at 9:09pm. I climbed back up the pipe through the window and changed into comfortable clothes to sleep in. An amazing evening to the first day of this weekend.

Tomorrow, my parents will go for their Sunday breakfast date and I'll have the house to myself. Ding!

I hear my blackberry phone sound out a notification. I snatch it from my nightstand and jump on my bed opening my phone. It's a text from Brianna.

Briii💖: hey girl! Are your parents going anywhere tomorrow?

Me: typing...

As  I was typing a reply. My phone shows another notification on the notification bar. It could be Dylan? 

Me: Yeah they are going for their Sunday breakfast date as usual, I'll just be at home by myself, why?

I exit my chat with Brianna and correctly assumed the other text to be one from Dylan.

Dylan: I just wanted to say goodnight, Principessa. I enjoyed today thoroughly ♥️.

Me: So, did I Dylan, goodnight 💕✨.

Another text came from Brianna

Briii💖: Fantastic. I'll come to pick you up and we'll come here to my house. We have loads to discuss!!!!😘

Me: okay, see you tomorrow Bri. Goodnight💗.

Briii💖: goodnight mads🤗.

I turned my phone off and put it on my nightstand. I ended up falling asleep to the thoughts of the best night of my life.