Grief

Madelyn's POV

"Wake up little girl." I stir awake and see Pietro close to my face smiling at me. "Stay away!" I yell out. I look down to see I'm in my shirt and underwear. My pants and shoes were removed.

"What do you think you're doing!" Pietro shakes his head with disapproval. "Making sure I have a turn with my brother's lover." I start to feel my eyes build tears. Memories of Thomas and my parents come rushing back. The feeling is worthlessness and weakness entering my mind.

"Be good and I'll try to make these gentle" he smirks at me. I thrash around but I'm still bound the headboard and the bed. "No, I survived Thomas and I'll survive you!" Determination starting to rise in me. The rope on my left hand breaks and I push him away with my one hand.

Pietro slaps me hard and wraps his hands around my neck. "L-let g-go" struggling to breathe I claw at his face and scratch his eye. He hisses and backs away holding his eye in agony. I quickly untie my other hand and go to untie my ankle but Pietro stops me. Using his strength to overpower me, he pushes me flat down against the bed and straddles my flailing body underneath him.

"Just stay still!" He slaps me again. I use my nails and dig it into his neck, he screams out and I see it start to bleed a bit. Touching his neck and looking at his fingers, anger visibly can be seen within his eyes.

"I was going to be gentle with you but now I don't care!" He punches my face and I know it's game over. His punch is powerful and strong. Knocking out the little bit of strength I have left to fight with. He sends another one to my throat, sending the air out of me. I gasp and try to push him away.

But my arms give out and start to become heavy. "No" I sob out. "get the hell off her!" Pietro is pulled off me when the door flies open and it's only then can I hear multiple gun shots and screams inside wherever we are. I see a glimpse of Mateo who punches Pietro repeatedly until he becomes unconscious.

"I have Madelyn" Mateo looks out at nothing in particular saying as he presses something in his ear. He looks at me and slowly comes closer. Taking the thin blanket and wrapping it around my shaking body. "I'm here M, I've got you" he hugs me warmly. I hold his chest crying and nodding. Mateo scoops me up and carries me down a flight of stairs.

I see the familiar walls that I saw from when I was being dragged up to Pietro's room before I was knocked out. "Z-zolia" I cry out. Mateo looks down at me worriedly but doesn't say anything.

Instead of going into the basement, he turns left and takes me out the front door to the car. "Anita, look after her. I need to help" Anita nods and starts to treat my wounds. "What did they do to you" she whispers out with a sad look in her eyes. I cry in her arms as she rubs my back comfortably.

Dylan's POV

"3,2,1!" One of my guys kick down the door and enter the building shooting skillfully at Pietro's people. He doesn't even have a Mafia, how does he have so much of guys working for him and armed. I ignore the thoughts and look to see Mateo going up a flight of stairs.

I manoeuvre my way around the death bodies and shoot my way going down further down. Mateo has upstairs covered. "I have Madelyn" I stop dead in my tracks and press my earpiece, "take her to Anita" I instruct and become more aggressive as I shoot. Running out of bullets, I drop the gun and a guy comes charging at me.

I dodge as he tries to throw a punch and he falls down to the floor face first. I take the opportunity and bring down my foot hard on his spine before hearing a crack followed by his screams as he wails on the floor helplessly. "Pete!" Another guy says angrily strutting toward me. I put my hands up in a fighting position. This guy was huge.

He swiftly grips my wrists and throws me to wall as I fall down the steps groaning. "shit" I say and struggle to get up. He holds the back of my collar and hoists me up in the air but I kick his feet and he drops me to the ground holding his broken nose that has blood pouring from it. I push myself off the floor and bring myself back to my feet. "Come on, is that all you have?" I tiredly smirk at him which he gets more angry at.

He throws a sloppy punch at me and I dodge it, before I punch him in the ribs making him lose his balance on both his feet putting pressure on his one leg clutching his side that I injured. I'm not huge and muscular but I can send powerful hits. Technique over muscle any day. I stand up straight and see a thrown gun on the floor. I quickly pick it up and slam it down on his head making him fall unconscious.

I release the gun and look to the floor where there's blood seeping from a thick linear cut on his head. I let out a try laugh and turn around to a metal door. Opening it, I see the girls crying and standing up with relief. "I found them, basement." I say in the earpiece. Looking around I can't find any keys for the cells.

I walk back to the guy on the floor who has blood pouring from his head and I search his body patting it. Finding a bunch of keys, I limp to the first cell and open it to see Shantel run out. She takes the keys from me and opens Fabiola's cell. Just as Fabiola comes out, the guys enter the room. "All dead?" I ask exhausted. "Yeah, one of our guys are with Pietro now. Making sure he doesn't escape." I nod.

I turn to see Brianna already within Mateo's arms and Leonardo panting heavily waiting for Shantel to finish opening the cells. Fabiola is pulled in Antonio's arms. Lorenzo waits with Leonardo as Shantel opens the last cell but doesn't come out. She instead runs inside crying hysterically. "wake up please" she screams.

We all look to each other and then the girls immediately pull away running into the cell too. Lorenzo immediately runs and makes his way in the cell. "oh god, no. Baby? Can you hear me? We need to take her to the doctor now!" He yells out. He comes out with Zolia in his arms covered in blood. Her face is swollen and beaten up badly.

"What the hell happened?" I ask shocked. "your brother hit her for saying that you'll come for Madelyn" Shantel cries in Leonardo's arms. "We need to go now!" Lorenzo screams from upstairs as he hurried out with her in his arms the moment he picked her up.

I run up the stairs and find Lorenzo already at the car. "Anita, take her" Anita gently takes Zolia's body from Lorenzo and he jumps in closing the door. I caught a glimpse of my Principessa crying as she takes Zolia's hand. I jump in the car and press the pedal. Speeding back to the cabin.