The Date

The rest of the week went by so quickly. I went to see a doctor, Dylan made me. The doctor properly treated my wounds. It's been two weeks since the beating. My body has healed quite well, sore but manageable. Doctor Davis said fractured ribs heal on their own and for the broken ribs, to ice the area as it's all self-healing too. He gave me pain relievers which make such a difference but I'm not suppose to do much physical activity for the next month or so.

Today is Saturday. I woke up to Dylan gently shaking and telling me today we go on our date, given if I'm up to it. Which, off course, I am! I've been so excited since Tuesday night.

Right now it's 6:00pm. Dylan dropped me off at Brianna's place so I can get ready. The whole day Brianna has taken me from store to store at the mall to find, and I quote, "the perfect dress".

Personally, my body is full of scars, deep cuts and healing bruises. I told her I didn't have any money, as I used it all for the fee, for the doctor's visit, when my parents hit me - but she said Dylan already gave her money for that. Which I refused but she ended up calling Dylan, who reprimanded me. Tattle-tale.

So here I am, waiting in a black and white dress. That shows my curves gracefully. I decided on wearing leggings as I didn't want my legs to show. Brianna was ready to literally fight me, but one stern look and she knew I wouldn't budge at all. As for the arms, I wore a white, solid crop bolero shrug top. My shoes aren't heels but it's Brianna's black Adidas.

I left my hair opened

I left my hair opened. My brown curls flow and despite Brianna's plead, no makeup. I like to be natural although my natural isn't very attractive. It's me and I want to embrace myself.

As usual, my thoughts are interrupted. This time it's from a knock at the door. "Okay, okay, wait here! Come out after like 3 minutes so you make it like a fairytale", says a practically running Brianna down the stairs to answer the door.

I look at myself in Bri's body-length mirror behind her door. I look different, it's like I don't know this girl in front of me. She's not so gloomy and hurt. She's self-exploring and new to the world. I breathe out and open the door, and stand at the top of the stairs.

As I walk down, I see a handsome looking Dylan at the bottom, just looking at me with his mouth wide-opened; and a hand-clapping Brianna, smiling like a mental patient that escaped.

Dylan is wearing a white, loose shirt with formal black pants, and a coat that's only buttoned once. He looks so breathtaking. I feel my hand, that's clutching a borrowed sling bag strap, sweat. I feel so nervous.

I get to the bottom smiling at Dylan. He shakes his head as if snapping himself out of something. "You look, wow, so beautiful Principessa", he compliments coming closer to me and kissing my cheek. "Thank you, you look so good too", I truthfully say. "Lets get going, bye Emily, bye Bri. Thanks again, man." Dylan says towards Brianna. "Enjoy yourselves!" Emily says winking at me. I blush and wave bye; and Dylan opens the door to the SUV for me.