"The Act Of Love Is A Confession"

After Dylan informs me we need to talk about something. The car went silent. Our heads could of probably exploded with the amount of thoughts building in it by the second.

He took me back to his place. Opening the door for me and waiting for me to go in first. I weakly move my legs going inside and cautiously getting onto the couch laying my body horizontally on it.

He comes in, closing the door removing his leather jacket and coming to sit on another couch that's positioned opposite from mine. He plops down, focusing strongly at the floor and not leaning back comfortably on the couch.

"Hey, sit back" I say quietly giving a small smile hoping he'll look up. He doesn't. His legs are opened and his hands are connected by his linked fingers whilst he's sitting upright in a nervous way.

"Principessa, what I'm about to tell you — it isn't easy, okay? I wanted to keep you out of all this. I'm telling you this because I want a future with you. You mean so much to me. I want you to know me as a whole. Not parts of me. Can you trust me?" He hesitantly asks looking at me sadly.

"I do. Listen if this is because you couldn't find me. I understand. You couldn't have. It was suppose to be the police who find me" I try to tell him. He sighs. "just hear me okay principessa?" I nod confused.

"My dad is Marco Romano. My mother is Carina Fallon. As I've told you, my mother was a local and my father is a well-known, pure Italian man. The Romano mafia, is known by those in law enforcement and by other mafias; regardless of how big or small. My mother is from New York. My father went on a trip from Italy to New York for mafia related purposes where he met my mother. She was the head of a personal security team assigned to the man that intended on overthrowing my father. They had bumped into each other on the street not knowing who each other were. My father came into the man's house, killing everyone and found her wounded. Before his guy was going to kill her, he stopped it and saved her. He told me he knew from the first moment he saw her, that she was special and different. Eventually after two years they got married and had me years later. My mother never changed her last name due to my father's enemies. I however, proudly take on the name and I'm now Don of the Romano mafia. We're from Italy but my father settled with my mother in New York so that's where his home was. He would travel quite frequently to Italy. Checking on his other guys that were stationed in Italy, still carrying on the mafia business that side on behalf of him and my father directly running the mafia that's also in New York."

I release a breath. "You see, we're Italians that run the mafia in both Italy and New York. Mateo is my second in command. His father was my dad's second and now Mateo is mines. The boys and I, our parents are all part of the mafia. Now it's ours to run. I-i need you to know I'll never let anything happen to you Principessa. You're too important to me. I screwed up and I'm so sorry" He looks into my eyes. 

I'm shocked. I don't know how to take all this. M-my boyfriend is in a mafia? A Italian mafia that runs Italy and New York?

"Have you killed before?" I ask softly. He tenses up. "Yes. All of us had to." I sit up, my back against the couch material. "A-are you going to hurt m-me too?" I stutter out. Trying to hold my sobs in. He rushes towards me and grabs my hand. I flinch, pain crosses his features at my movement and he gently rubs his thumbs in circles on my palm. "Principessa, never. I will never hurt you. I-i want to care for you and spoil you. Your happiness is everything to me. You are everything to me, please don't ever doubt my feelings or intentions when it comes to you" I nod my head slowly, feeling tears fall and I wrap my arms around his neck. Feeling safe to finally release my pain.

He gently rubs my back up and down. Stroking my hair every now and then. His arms building a wall around my petite form.

Thomas had me for 4 days and he really did some damage. My body is healing but I remember everything. He looks barbaric. Beyond any sort of salvation if presented in front of him.

I haven't been to school in almost a month. Most of my time was spent in the hospital. It's Saturday and on Monday I will definitely be going back to school.

My ribs aren't as painful and after washing my hair, my head definitely isn't pounding as much. I've got some pain medication that the hospital gave to me when I got discharged. I take those with no hesitation at all.

Dylan has been hovering over me 24/7. It's sweet but it gets on my nerves a bit. I'm doing much better and I like to be independent. Dylan doesn't want me going to school but not even a mafia don will stop me. I'm going to finish my year with my class and leave high school as planned.

When I came home on Friday, Brianna came later that night as did everyone else. I got a lot of hugs and presents. I felt loved. Mateo almost cried when he embraced me. I'm glad I have people who care about me.

Thomas POV

I grit my teeth and grind it together. That pathetic girl, she thinks it's over now. That some kid who has a slight temperament can keep her from me? I clench my fists and try to control my breathing. She's mines, mines to hold and mines to hurt.

"I thought we told you we never wanted her back!" Roxanne's high pitched voice travels inside my eardrums. I wince at her annoying voice. "Shut the hell up! You think I planned this-" John cuts me off "don't talk to my wife like that!" He angrily says stepping closer to me, standing in front of his pathetic wife.

I smile at his weak attempt to intimidate me. "What are you going to do John? You're both pathetic! Useless and good for nothing." I lowly say. "Hmmm and yet you're in love with the girl that came from us?" Roxanne smirks at me arrogantly. I don't tolerate such disrespect. I punched John's face and he instantly flew down to the ground groaning.

I took that as an opportunity and I stride towards Roxanne. Holding her neck, squeezing her throat blocking the airways. I roar out ferociously "I'm not John! Do not, ever, talk to me like that again. I love your daughter and I will have her. You both will help me whether you want too or not. A deal is a deal." I let her go and watch her fall to the floor. John crawling, dragging his body towards his wife's struggling one and trying to act as if he can somehow help her to breathe again. Her gasps for oxygen fill the room.

"Yo-you're sick!" She screams as tears brim in her eyes. I smirk and crouch down beside her. Putting my finger under her chin, bringing her eyes to meet mines and I apply more pressure to my grip on her chin. "Does it look like I care about what you say?"

"Le-let her go, ple-please!" I hear John's voice beg. I release her. "We've got to get her back. Got it?" They nod their heads repeatedly. "Good" I say and turn around walking away.

I've been hiding out in their house for a while. Sleeping on Madelyn's old bed, my back is stiff but soon I'll have Madelyn's warm body pressed against mine on a luxurious bed somewhere far away from here. Inhaling the familiar sent her room provides, I think about our future together.